Chapter 43: The Sorting Ceremony

This room was the biggest room that Riley had ever laid her eyes on, big tables lined four of the walls, Wizards and Witches could be seen sitting down in each section-- at the far end of this big room sat four big chairs set of equal width apart, a big, long table sat in front.

"Riley, welcome to The Great Hall" her sister, Sophia announced. Riley look stocked, for a moment she was unable to speak, her mouth hanging open. "Well, Riley, what do you think?"

Riley didn't respond as she was still unable to, speak. "WOW, THIS WHERE I'LL GET TO BE SORTED INTO A HOGWARTS HOUSE... WHICH ONE WILL IT BE? GRYFFINDOR, HUFFLEPUFF, RAVENCLAW, OR SLYTHERIN-- AAA!!!" Riley exclaimed, clearly almost exploding with joy as she began to run around, zooming in between the tables and chairs-- extending her arms resembling that of an airplane.

"A bit excited are we?" her Sophia asked,

Once Riley came in for a landing and put her arm back down to her sides she exclaimed a very hardy "yes" she paused before continuing. "Harry Potter is my favorite book and film series-- although I have only read and liked the Philosopher's Stone/Sorcerer's Stone; I have seen all the movies though... either way, I consider myself a Potterhead"

"Oh, really?"

"Really" Riley turned to where all the tables and chairs were and eyed the Witches and Wizards who were sitting in them.

Turning back to her sister she asked a question that Sophia, herself, wasn't sure of-- and to her knowledge, none of her fellow classmates had ever asked that question hoping for an answer before.

"Ummm-- hey sis, do you know if by any chance that they would accept someone with or who has a disability?"

"You know, I don't think that they have yet: but I imagine they would... why- why do you ask?"

"Oh, no reason..."