She threw her covers off, grabbed her sandals, slid them on, and opened the sliding door to the balcony. She perched herself on the railing, hanging on tight and shivering as a gust of wind passed. She didn't want to bother changing out of shorts and a t-shirt, so she decided to bear with the chilliness.

Kuri looked down at the ground. She was on the fourth floor, but it didn't matter, considering what her quirk was. After all, she'd jumped from much, much higher places before and been fine.

She dropped down onto the soft grass, then sprinted to the front of the dorm building. As she rounded the corner, her eyes fell on three figures. They turned to look at her, and she tilted her head confusedly.

As I expected, it's Mama, Dada, and Mayu. But why the heck are they here?

Her father beamed and jogged over to her.

"Kuri! Hi, honey! How've you been?" he asked, wrapping her in a big hug. Kuri returned it, leaning into the touch. She couldn't remember the last time she'd hugged someone. She felt her mom's hand lightly caress her head.

"We missed you," her mom said.

"I missed you too. And I've been doing good," Kuri said. She pulled away from the hug and turned to Mayu. "Hey, Mayu! Did you miss me?"

"No."

"How rude..." Kuri replied, grinning. She patted his head, and he pushed her hand away. "So, why are you all here?"

"To come and see you during the sports festival!" her dad said.

"Oh. Well, why is Mayu here? Doesn't he have school?" Kuri asked.

"He's on spring break right now."

"I see," Kuri said. "How come you didn't tell me you were coming?"

"We wanted to surprise you," her mom said.

"Then why are you here now?" she asked. "You could've just said hi tomorrow, during the actual thing."

Kuri's mom shook her head, as to criticize her for questioning why they'd want to see their daughter.

"Well, we wanted you to watch over Mayu while we go speak to your teacher," she said, glancing at her son.

"We haven't even had a single parent-teacher conference yet," her dad said. "We need to make sure that you're doing well in school."

"Okay then," Kuri said. "See you later."

"Bye, sweetie," her mom said, waving goodbye.

"We'll see you tomorrow!" her dad said. The two of them walked off, leaving Kuri and Mayu on the doorstep. Kuri turned to Mayu.

"Wanna go inside?" she asked. He nodded, and she went to open the door. As they stepped inside, the few people in the common room turned to look, noticing Mayu behind Kuri.

"Who's that?" Kaminari asked.

"This is my brother," Kuri said, looking back at Mayu. He was glancing around the room.

"Oh, okay," Kaminari said, turning back to the television. Then he whipped his head back around. "Wait, how the hell is he here?"

"We came to watch the sports festival," Mayu answered. He turned to Kuri. "You got any chips?"

"Yeah, sure," she said, heading towards the kitchen. Mayu left her side and walked over to Kaminari. Kuri kept an eye on Mayu as she grabbed him some chips.

"So you came with your parents?" Ochako asked. Mayu nodded. "Where are they?"

"They went to talk to Aizawa or something," Kuri said, walking back over to them. She handed Mayu a bag of plain tortilla chips. "Anyways, Mayu, I think Mama and Dada will be coming back in like half an hour to pick you up. I'm going back to my room, so if you need me, it's the third door on the left on the fourth floor.."