Vol. 5 Ch. 31 Volunteers?

Your POV

Time Skip
(Brought to you by Chibi Nora eating pancakes)

Once we had gotten Blake's parents out of the house, Blake began to address the crowd. She pointed at the smoke coming from her house and said, "Humans didn't do this. We did this: Faunus. We did this to ourselves. We are just as capable of hate and violence as the humans, but I don't think any of us would jump at the chance to point that out. So why are we letting Adam do it for us?! By doing nothing and staying silent, we let others speak and act in our place. And if we're not proud of the choices they make, then we have no one to blame but ourselves. This is the message that Adam Taurus will bring to the world if no one stops him. But we can stop him! You have to understand that all of you are looking for simple answers to a very complicated problem. And I can't give that to you. I don't know how to make hate go away, I don't. But I know that this kind of violence is not the solution. I understand that to ask you to leave your homes and protect Haven Academy is asking you to put your lives at risk. But that's what's at stake. So I'm going, and I'll stand by myself if I have to." Ilia replied, "I'll stand with you!" Blake and I turned around with a surprised look on her face as Ilia stands up. She looked down and said, "If... if you'd have me." Despite some of the crowd's murmuring amongst themselves, Blake smiles at her old friend. As Ilia proceeds forward, Saber suddenly stopped her and said, "You're not going anywhere!" Blake said, "Let her come." Saber replied, "Huh? You're just going to forgive her? After everything she did?!" Blake answered, "I am." Saber looked at Ghira, who nodded to let Ilia go. Ilia continued to walk down the steps to stand next to her friend. Then Saber said, "What does she think she's doing?" Ghira smiled and said, "She's learned a lesson that evaded me until I was much older: That there is strength in forgiveness." Blake puts a hand on Ilia's shoulder, sharing a smile together.

Then one by one, multiple Faunus started to volunteer to join us, saying, "I'll stand with you! I'll go!! Yeah!! Me too! Let's go! Yeah, let's go!!" As more Faunus start to give Blake their support, Sun and I walked down the steps to join her and Ilia. The crowd is heard cheering as a majority agree to volunteer. We all smiled at the crowd and Sun said, "Looks like we've got work to do." Blake replied, "Thank you." I looked at Ilia and said, "You stabbed me." Ilia looked down sorrowfully and replied, "I─" I playfully pinched her arm and she said, "Ow!" Then I said, "There. Let's just call it even." Ghira and Kali then walk down the steps to join their daughter and her friends. Then Ghira said, "We have about two weeks before Adam's attack on Haven. We're going to need shields, training, whatever we can do to protect as many people as possible." Kali added, "We'll need transportation too. For everyone." Blake smiled and said, "I think I know a ship captain who owes us a favor." Ghira looked at me and said, "Y/N, I'd be proud to call you my son." I smiled as I scratched my nape and said, "It was nothing."

3rd Person POV

Time Skip
(Brought to you by Chibi Y/N playing a game on his Scroll)

Adam and his followers get back to work, but then they hear a voice call out to him, "ADAM!!" They all look up and see Blake and Y/N standing proudly on top of the roof of a nearby building. The White Fang soldiers aim their firearms at her and Adam said, "Wait!" He put his hands up as the White Fang soldiers stand down, before laughing evilly and saying, "To think that I went through so much trouble to find you two, only to have you deliver yourself to me." Blake replied, "This isn't what's right for the Faunus! Stop what you're doing and we can end this peacefully." Adam responded, "You're wrong, Blake, and you two can't stop us." Y/N replied, "No, we can't. Not by ourself." Then Sun said, "That's why they didn't come alone!" Adam and his followers turn to the left in surprise, seeing Sun standing in front of a massive legion of Faunus all armed with blunt weaponry, their shields bearing the old White Fang symbol.

Shocked, Adam said, "What?!" One of the White Fang members said, "Who's there?" They then turned to the right, and see Ghira leading another massive legion of Faunus. Ghira said, "Your brothers and sisters." Adam and his followers looked all around them, assessing the situation. Then Adam said, "Make no mistake, brothers! These are our enemies! And we will not let them ruin─" Suddenly, Adam is interrupted when a Mistral airship shines its searchlight down on Adam and his group. The Mistral police captain, who is seen on the airship with Kali, said over the P.A., "Adam Taurus, this is the Mistral Police Force! Lower your weapons and surrender peacefully."

Time Skip
(Brought to you by Chibi Ruby playing with a ball of yarn)

The White Fang soldiers drew their weapons and attempted to fire at the Mistral airships. Sun leapt around twirling Ruyi Bang and Jingu Bang in its staff form, landing on one's shoulders to shoot them. Y/N pulled out Frostbite and Blizzard in their sword form and clashed blades with two White Fang members, while Ilia fights two more with Lightning Lash. Sun knocked another down before shooting at a second, nearby a horned Faunus striked her opponent and drove them back. Hazel observed the situation in front of him but is then suddenly impaled by a white, glowing stinger. He is then pulled back inside the building and sat up to see that Weiss is back on her feet with a summoned Queen Lancer flying above her. As she prepares to fight again, she gasps as she noticed someone entering the building. Yang and Ruby look back as well and gasp when they see Blake, her eyes widening as she sees all of her teammates in the same place. Then Blake said, "Yang?"

Yang stared back at her in disbelief, before her sister snapped her out of her trance. "Yang! Go!" Ruby said as she pointed in the direction of the vault entrance and Yang ran forward. Emerald and Mercury try to stop her as Emerald said, "No!" Emerald tried to stop Yang, but failed to and fell to the ground. Mercury grabbed her prosthetic arm and Yang's eyes briefly turned red before turning back to normal. She detaches her arm and continues forward, causing Mercury to lose his balance for a bit. She jumps down the hole leading to the vault. Emerald and Mercury attempt to give chase, but they are stopped by an ice wall that suddenly appears in front of them. They turn around and see Weiss with her Queen Lancer summon as she prepares to fight the both of them. Jaune watches from his position and smiles. Ruby then turns back around to look at Blake, and both nod at each other as the cat Faunus goes back outside to join the battle.

I hope you all enjoyed this chapter.
Master out.