Vol. 4 Ch. 27 The Spy

3rd Person POV

Blake stood on a second story deck outside her father's office. The broken moon shined over the house. Blake stared at her father's door, beside which hung an empty birdcage, when Kali spoke, startling her, and said, "You know, you can always go in and say hi." Kali was carrying a tray with a tea set on it. Blake replied, "I don't wanna bother him." Kali said, "A father's never too busy for his daughter." Blake replied, "Not all of my friends would agree with you on that, my boyfriend being one of those people." Kali kissed her daughter on the cheek, handed her the tray, and said, "Here." Blake accepted it, but was a bit taken aback by being handed it, and asked, "What? Where are you going?" Her mother answered, "You've never been very talkative, but that blonde boy you brought home loves to run his mouth. I wanna hear more about the adventures of Team RWBY."

Time Skip
(Brought to you by Chibi Sun surfing)

Your POV

Blake, Sun, and I were outside of Ghira's office. I was angry that Sun invaded my girlfriend's privacy. I smacked his face and said, "What is wrong with you?!" Then Blake slapped him and said, "Ugh! No concept of privacy." She slapped him again and said, "No respect for personal space!" His hand goes to his face where she made contact the second time and he said, "I'm sorry, okay?! Ow, I'm sorry!" Angrily, she turns her back on him and marches a few steps away. Then Sun said, "Look, I promise it was important! I needed to find you to talk to you!" I glared at him and said, "About what, Sun? What could be so important?!" Sun looked at Blake and answered, "I was talking to your mom and she said something weird about the White Fang!" Blake held a finger up, strode forwards, and said, "I'm stopping you right there." Sun started, "But─" Blake interrupted him and said, "I told you, I'm not here to fight the White Fang, I'm not here to fight anyone. I'm here to rest, to figure things out, and to see my family." Sun continued and said, "Your mom said White Fang members don't wear masks in Menagerie. But I saw one at the market yesterday! I even have a picture!" He pulled his Scroll out of his back pocket and I yelled at him, "Sun!" Sun said, "Look, I'm trying to help!" Blake pulled his Scroll out of his hands, tossed it out into the trees, and said, "I don't want your help!" Sun stared at his Scroll and turned to Blake and I, growling. The sound of the Scroll landing, followed by a feminine gasping sound was heard from the trees where Blake had just tossed the device. All three of us went wide-eyed for a second and we slowly turned, eyes narrowing. I was able to see a dark humanoid shape with a white mask perched on top a palm tree. It was a female Faunus with thin, curved, dark gray horns and black, spotty skin. She was wearing a black, sleeveless stealth suit with a gold zipper and slightly lighter-black straps with gold buckles on it. On her face is a large, white Grimm Mask with elegant, curvy red markings. The woman leaps into the air, giving a better view of her. The legs of her stealth outfit are short, and she wears high-top boots. Her black hair is pulled back in a ponytail that curls up at the end. The Faunus soon disappears. On the porch, Blake stepped forward with a determined look in her eye while Sun throws out his arms and said, "A freakin' ninja?!" I corrected him and said, "A spy!" Sun said, "But why would─" He trails off as Blake and I both jumped onto the railing and then off into the trees.

3rd Person POV

Blake was in pursuit of the other Faunus. They both pause for a moment, gripping different trees. A noise above the spy makes her gasp and Y/N and Sun appeared, dropping down and Sun saying, "Gotcha!" She leaps on, out of their path. Blake pursues while Sun and Y/N landed on a branch. Then Sun said, "Hey, wait up!" Blake looked at them and said, "Don't let her out of your sight!" The spy emerges from the trees and onto a roof. She continues to run across the buildings, Blake right behind her. Sliding under some arching pipes, she finally turned and stopped. Using her weapon in whip form, she slices the pipe, releasing steam to block Blake. It doesn't work; as Blake moves right under the pipes through the steam and asked, "Why are you watching me?" The girl smiled and lowered her weapon. Sun lands on the roof behind her, causing her to turn around. The he said, "Give it up! I'm not above hitting a girl, you─" He gets cut off when the spy's whip comes at him in an attack, which he falls back to avoid. Blake takes advantage of the distraction to kick the Scroll out of the spy's hand. The girl is surprised, avoids Blake's next attack, responds with a kick of her own and attempts to retrieve the Scroll. But Y/N tackled her instead and said, "Grab the Scroll! Seems someone thinks it's important!" The spy said, "Get off!" She headbutted Y/N, cracking off the part of the mask covering her left eye, and tried to race Blake to the Scroll.

Your POV

I started to use my Glyphs to help me hold the spy down. Blake paused and looked at me. I looked at her and said, "Quit staring and grab it!" Blake listened, and my Glyph dissipated, due to my aura being low from practicing my Summoning earlier, and I fell to my knees. The spy rose and aimed her weapon at Blake. Then I said, "Blake, watch out!" Blake turned, rising with the Scroll in her hand. She saw the broken Grimm mask crumble from the spy's face and said, "Ilia." I got to my feet and said, "Wait, you know her?! But she doesn't even look like a f─aagh!" I got cut off when the color-changing Ilia striked an electric hit near my shoulder with her weapon. I cried out and fell.

3rd Person POV

Blake called out, "Y/N!" Then Ilia said, "Give it to me." Blake shook her head and said, "No." Ilia changed color again and said, "You shouldn't have come back." She used her weapon to create a rush of dust, which allowed her to escape. Blake briefly acknowledged that Ilia has disappeared before rushing over to Y/N, saying, "Y/N! Y/N!" Y/N was lying on his back, bleeding from the wound Ilia caused. Blake covered the wound with her hands and said, "No, no, no, not again, please! Help! Somebody! Hold on, Y/N, just hold on."

I hope you all enjoyed this chapter.
Master out.