Vol. 4 Ch. 22 Open Waters

3rd Person POV

Seagulls call as a ship moved over peaceful blue waters. Passengers were strolling across both the upper and mid decks. Blake Belladonna rested her hands on the rail and stared out at the ocean. She blinked and looked over her right shoulder, somewhat startled. Two kids laughed over a joke. Blake almost smiled as her thoughts raced to Y/N. She pictured Y/N and herself looking down at their own kids, smiling happily at each other and their children. They were together, happy, and safe. Blake's smile faded as reality came back to her, she sighed deeply and turned to look back at the ocean. Footsteps approached and a voice said, "Traveling alone?" Blake jumped and gripped the hilt of Gambol Shroud. She came up with the worst situation in her head and thought, Adam!? But she halts her action when she saw the captain of the boat. The captain held up his hands in a reassuring manner and said, "Now, now, no threat here. Just here to chat." Blake hesitated before relaxing her posture with a roll of her eyes. She felt silly to believe that Adam would appear randomly on a boat in the middle of the ocean. Annoyed by the presence of the captain, she asked, "And why is that?" The Captain lowered his arms, then twisted to lean idly onto the rail, and said, "Well, not many people travel by boat on their own. It can be quite a lonely voyage. But I found those that do tend to have the more... interesting stories."

Blake clenched her fist and turned away from the Captain. The last thing she wanted to do right now was to talk to a stranger about her troubles. Blake replied, "Maybe it's just... better for some people to be alone." The two kids ran behind Blake laughing and she gasped again. She turned and blinked at them trying to reset her calm. The Captain laughed and said, "Maybe, but with your paranoia, I think a few friendly faces wouldn't hurt." Blake huffed in frustration and said, "Who says I'm paranoid?!" The Captain laughed again and said, "No one, dear, no one. Ill leave you be." The Captain turned and walked away, then stopped and said, "But uh, fair warning: these trips can be awfully boring." The Captain continued on his way and Blake stared after him. Once he was gone, she turned and looked at the ground for a few seconds before reaching up and undoing her bow. Blake gave an "Mmm," as she held the ribbon out over the railing and said, "Won't be needing this." Blake lets it go and watched the ribbon swirl in the air once before landing on the water. She wiped a tear away before turning and walking away. As she passed inside, a hooded figure was watching her from a distance.

Time Skip
(Brought to you by Chibi Y/N baking a cake)

It's dusk, and the boat continued its journey on the smooth water. There is still peaceful bird cry, and Blake was once again on the middle deck, looking out at the ocean. A Faunus couple walked behind her and she watched them, slightly less twitchy than before. Her mind then goes to the thought of Y/N and how the last time that she had seen him, he was distracting Adam so she could escape with Yang. But he never came back. I wish that could be us again, she thought. Blake was about to leave until she sensed that she is being watched by someone on the upper deck. It's a hooded figure, and she immediately takes out Gambol Shroud and said, "Who's there?!" The hooded figure turned and ran for it. Blake glared up at the spot the hooded figure stood and started to question who could be following her. She was about to give chase, however, she felt the boat rocking. Blake lets out a grunt as she tries to keep her balance. A creature's long-necked shadow looms over Blake as she turns around to face the water. Its shadow also falls on a member of the crew on duty in the crow's nest, who is looking up at it in horror. An alert immediately sounded, "RED ALERT!!" Two red lights next to a speaker pulse with the sound. The Captain and his First Mate come running out and look at the water from the upper deck, just above Blake. The Captain murmurs as the shadow falls over him. "By the gods..." The long-necked creature is revealed to be a large Sea Feilong. It has a pattern of glowing red lines along the scales of its neck, and its eyes glow yellow. The Grimm swings its head back and forth, roaring and spreading its short forearms outward. The captain turned and began to call out to the ship, "All hands to battle stations!"

I hope you all enjoyed this chapter.
Master out.