Chapter Forty One

»»———— ALWAYS ————««

They hurried through the castle, helping out anyone they could. Val quickly stunned a Death Eater that was terrorizing two familiar red-headed boys. "Val?"

"Fred!" She smiled at him. To his surprise, she ran over to him and pulled him in for a tight hug. He gladly returned it. Draco just stood there, not liking it one bit. But he didn't say anything. "I'm so sorry. You must think so terribly of me."

"Of course not. I know you had no choice." He shook his head. "I missed you so much. I was worried."

"I'm fine." She assured him as she pulled away to look at him. "I'll let you in on a little secret." She mumbled, and he listened closely. "My father and I are double agents."

"My God." Fred let out a joyous laugh. "Of course. Of course you are! You're brilliant, Val! I never doubted you for a second."

"That means a lot, Freddie." She told him, and he nodded.

"I love you, Val." He mumbled. She gave him a sad look, but nodded.

"Be careful, Fred. I'll see you after we finish this." She paused. "By the way, Georgie, my dad's sorry about your ear! It was an accident!"

They rushed down the Grand Staircase, running into Death Eaters at every turn. Their arms hurt from waving them around and casting so many spells to fend them off. Harry put his arm out and stopped them before they ran out of the castle, Hermione narrowly avoiding being hit by a curse. Harry cast at the man at the right time, then they ran out. They ran through the battleground of the entrance courtyard, then backed away when the giant standing in the middle of it spotted them. They watched each other's back and held onto each other as they took off running from it. They ducked behind the bell that had fallen from the tower, their eardrums bursting as the giant hit it with its weapon, making the sound reverberate. As reinforcements came at the giant, they jumped up and took off through the covered walkway. They stopped when they saw Fenrir feasting on Lavender's body.

"No!" Hermione cried, casting a spell at him that knocked him off the side of the mountain. They stared at her body with sadness, and Ron remembered how they used to date in their earlier years. She didn't deserve this. None of them did.

The giant still tried to get them, but he failed as they ran out of the covered walkway and to the main bridge to the castle. They saw hundreds of Dementors coming at them, revealing that they had been controlled by Voldemort all along. Harry thought back to his first encounter with a Dementor, and Draco thought of how he teased Harry about it all year long. They stood there in shock at the amount of them, and Aberforth from behind them casted his Patronus to save them all. It was powerful as it reached beyond the bridge and sent every single Dementor flying back to Azkaban, where they belong. They didn't doubt that he was a Dumbledore for a second. They gave him a thankful look before they took off running down the stairs to the boathouse.