Chapter Thirty Seven

»»———— THE WEDDING ————««

"Are they alright?" Val asked her father quickly as he'd just returned from the ambush of Harry's move to the Burrow. He let out a small sigh.

"I did everything I could while still playing my part." He replied vaguely, which told her it wasn't good.

"What happened?" She could tell by the look on his face.

"Moody, he died. Mundungus, he fled when he saw the Dark Lord. George lost his ear when I accidentally hit him with Sectumsempra, trying to go after one of the other Death Eaters." He told her, and she pursed her lips as she just nodded.

"Terrible." She muttered.

"I know. But, they'll be alright in the end." He paused. "I heard Bill and Fleur are getting married."

"Really? That's amazing news." She thought back to her conversation with Draco just a few days earlier. Why don't we? "I wish I could attend."

"I'm sorry, darling." He apologized genuinely. She just shrugged. She was used to it by now, all the lost experiences.

"You look stunning." Theodore commented when he stepped into the girls' room and saw Lolita standing there. She smiled softly at him, then turned her back to him.

"Will you tie me?" She asked. He was silent as he walked over to her, his cold fingertips putting goosebumps onto the surface of her soft skin as he grabbed the lace and pulled it tight enough, tying it into a bow at the bottom. She was wearing an emerald green, fitted, satin, v neckline, side slit dress with an open corset back.

"Green is your color." He told her as she turned to face him. She just pulled him in for a hug, resting her head on his chest. He held her there tightly and thankfully, glad that nothing had happened to the two of them when they moved Harry a few days prior. They were still suffering the sad loss of Moody, despite them not knowing him too well. It was still just another innocent life Voldemort had taken. It motivated them even more to stop him. "It seems kind of silly, doesn't it? A wedding?"

"It does." She agreed.

"Who's to say we couldn't have one, too?"

"What?"

"Well, I'm just saying..."

She pulled away to look at him. "You want to get married?"

"Well, of course I do. 'Lita, I've always had the biggest crush on you. I've known ever since we got together that you're the one I want to spend the rest of my life with." He said, and she smiled at him.

"You really think that?"

"Yes."

"Well, I do, too." She pushed herself up on her tiptoes to place a soft kiss to his lips. She held him in her arms tightly, almost out of fear of losing him at any second. They knew how easily it could happen, with everything going on.