Chapter Twenty Four

»»———— MEET ME HALFWAY ————««

"Val, wake up!" Draco exclaimed, shaking her quickly. She rubbed her eyes, looking over at him with an odd expression as she wondered why he was freaking out. "We've overslept for class! We have to go!"

"Fuck..." She muttered, getting out of bed quickly. She rushed out of the room without a word and to her dorm. There wasn't a soul around, as they were all in their first class of the day. She quickly got ready, putting her uniform on. It completely slipped her mind that her robe was in Draco's dorm and she hadn't put it on. She hurried to class, with no regard for Draco. He'd already went before her, anyways. Neither of them had time to wait. She rushed into the Defense Against the Dark Arts classroom, everyone going silent and looking up at her. Draco had snuck in easily, not drawing any attention to himself. It was safe to say she was quite a mess, and sleeping in had thrown her off. It was a good thing she had magic, too, or she would look awful right now.

"Miss Snape. Can I ask why you're," Professor Umbridge paused, looking down at her watch. "Twenty-five minutes and fourteen seconds late to my class?"

"I'm sorry, Professor. I overslept. It won't happen again." She shook her head quickly, rushing over to take a seat next to Draco.

"Your robes, love." He muttered out, tugging at her sleeve. Her eyes widened.

"May I ask where your robes are?" She inquired. Val looked up at her quickly, swallowing hard. She didn't even think as she spoke, her mind was completely disoriented and in a frenzy.

"I left my robes in Draco's dor—" She stopped talking once she realized who she was talking to and how trouble she was about to get herself into. Draco smirked, stifling a laugh at her as he covered his mouth. Her face instantly turned red, as everyone knew what they'd been doing.

"10 points from Slytherin. Miss Snape, see me in my office for detention later." She demanded, then giggled as she went back to her lesson. Val shook her head quickly. She'd never gotten detention before. And at this point, everyone knew about the methods in which Umbridge partook in to punish her students. Val was absolutely dreading this.

They all walked out of the classroom, Val staring down at the floor. Draco rushed up to her, grabbing her hand. "You don't have to go."

"Of course I do!" She exclaimed. "God, I can't believe this... I have to go get my robe from your dorm before the next class."

"I'll come with you." He nodded, hurrying after her. The others just chuckled at them, finding it amusing to watch them go around. Val just felt off all day having gotten a bad start that morning. She went to Umbridge's office after classes were over. She knocked on the door, to which the professor told her to come in.

"Miss Snape, I hope you came ready to write." She smiled at her from ear to ear. Val just silently sat down at the desk, looking at the quill provided. There was no ink. She knew what was going to happen now.