Chapter 77

Li Yuan

Chu Mei Bo successfully completed the exam and Shen Huai checked her score through his connections. Both Zhongjing Film Academy and Zhongjing Media University were ranked first in professional courses, and the result was not surprising to him.

In any case, Shen Huai felt like a weight had been lifted off his heart.

After the art examination, Chu Mei Bo entered the program group of "Travel with History". Before the official recording, all the actors had to attend classes in advance. In addition to a series of courses, such as classic verses, physique class, etiquette class, culture class and so on, Chu Mei Bo also attended the Beijing opera class under Mr. Xue's personal guidance.

After passing the audition, Chu Mei Bo didn't slack off when she went back. Especially regarding Beijing opera, "ten minutes off stage for ten years on stage" is not nonsense. Particularly this time, it's not for a movie or TV series, in order to ensure the sense of substitution, many scenes are shot only once, which means that the tolerante for the actors' fail rate is almost non existent.

Therefore, when Chu Mei Bo sang "Beating the Drum to Curse Cao" in front of Mr. Xue, even his face showed an amazed expression.

Xue Ling was also watching, thinking that if Chu Mei Bo didn't perform well, she would have to laugh at her. Who would have known that after listening, she would close her lips and remain silent.

Ads by Revcontent

They are not only the best Beijing opera actors, but also the best fans. It was easy to know whether Chu Mei Bo sang well or not.

Mr. Xue said with emotion, "Last time I saw you, although it looked like you had talent in my eyes, your basic skills were not good enough. However, in just one or two months, you impressed me."

Chu Mei Bo smiled and didn't speak. Over the past few months, she had really paid a lot for this. She had been practicing in the gap between filming and learning, not only for the actor's duty, but also for respecting the Li Yuan (eng. Pear Garden) people who always stick to it.

Li Yuan is the second issue of "Travel with History".

In the era without films or television, people's greatest pleasure was going to the theatre.

Therefore, the square platform became the place where the stories of the scholar, the young lady and the general were passed on, especially when it reached its artistic peak during the period of the Republic of China. There were several people who almost changed the whole history of Beijing opera, and their influence lasted until the present day.

Li Yuan intercepts one of the characters, taking the life of Yun Chuo Yi as the medium, telling about the prosperity and decline of the pear garden.

The main shooting place for this issue was specially selected in Mr. Xue's theater in Mujiang city. With full support, Mr. Xue directly closed the theater for half a month to specially renovate it. Even the street next door was transformed into a scene from the period of the Republic of China.

Ads by Revcontent

Although Xue Ling didn't act as an assistant, she also took part in the group performance this time.

After recognizing Chu Mei Bo's level, Xue Ling's expression finally calmed down, but she had a knot in her heart, and still had some difficulties getting along with Chu Mei Bo.

Chu Mei Bo didn't care. During this time, she had become acquainted with several other assistant teachers, almost all of whom were from the National Theatre. Yu Guangping who was present when Chu Mei Bo auditioned for Director Yu, was also an actor at the National Theatre.