Once he's close enough, I crawl on top of his lap, leaning on him for support. Without hesitance, he wraps his arm around my waist, pulling me onto him. Arms around his shoulders and fully facing him in an embrace, I notice the trembles throughout his body. Tightening my hold on him, Levi buries his face into my neck, resting his head on my shoulder. His hands clutch my shirt, clinging to my body as if I'd slip through his fingertips. Resting in an embrace, we silently convey our desire for another as minutes pass.

Tears fill my wide eyes once I feel his body convulse suddenly. Soft sobs fill my ears, and my left shoulder dampens quickly. With every passing moment, his breathing skips a beat. His clasped hands shake and soon enough, his composure breaks completely. Releasing all the stress he's withheld these past weeks, Levi's voice cracks, muffling his cries in the nook of my neck.

"Your heart," He begins, "It stopped beating and I thought you were gone."

"I thought you were dead." His voice is almost incoherent.

Placing a hand on the back of Levi's head, I do my best to comfort him, running it through his hair. I'm unsure if it's the right decision when a sob louder than before escapes him. Never have I been in this situation with Levi before; it's almost satisfying knowing even Humanity's Strongest indulges in his sadness. I never even knew that my heart stopped when retrieving Eren and Historia from the Reiss building. With this new information in mind, I silently clear my throat, hoping my voice doesn't crack.

"I'm right here." I softly declare.

Sitting up straight, I pull back slightly, holding his head to the left side of my chest. He hiccups, freezing. I gently brush through his hair in hopes of calming him down.

"My heartbeat--it's right here."

He listens intently, his cries softening. Eventually, he drops the grasp on my shirt, wrapping arms completely around my waist, nuzzling back into a comforting embrace.

"I love you." Levi confesses.

My body stiffens in shock, and he squeezes me tightly, slightly restricting my ability to breathe.

"I love you. I love you. I love you." He chants, words breaking from the occasional sharp-intake of air.

Astounded, tears slip down my cheeks, "Levi..."

"I love you, Kaisa. I'm so fucking stupid for not saying it sooner." He shakes his head in disappointment.

"Levi..." I choke out, burying my head in his shoulder, too.

The left side of my chest aches upon his words. These words, vulnerable beyond belief, strike harder than anticipated. Despite his cold exterior, a wholesome soul remains in hopes of experiencing something else beyond suffering.

"Don't leave me like the rest of them." He begs.

I take a deep breath in, knowing these words are nothing more than temporary relief, "I won't leave you, Levi."

His breathing slows down, and my words keep spilling out.

The following words, though, are carved in my heart, "I may never overcome the threat which exists to tear us apart, but even so, I'll find a way back to you."

"Even in the dark when you feel alone, I'll find a torch and go with you." My voice shakes despite my conviction.

"And even when you're unsure what's right or wrong, I'll hold your hand and bear the weight of those decisions with you."  After my words, we remain quiet for a moment, calming down before Levi breaks the silence.

"God, it's disgusting; I can't believe I've spilled all those words out like a bitch." Levi scoffs while sniffling.

I giggle, pulling back slightly to give him a kiss on the cheek, "There's my Captain."