Chapter 39 : Secret-1

👆👆👆This is OP ❤️❤️❤️🤧

The heart knows when the search is over

Laksh's POV

*Flashback*

"You there!"

The voice startled me. I lifted my head.

She was talking to me?

I looked back to check and found no one behind me just the secret way through which I had sneaked out and ditched the work I was unwillingly handed.

I feared that someone had noticed my absence and came here searching for me

Today was the dress rehearsal of the annual concert, also known as the holiday season for shy and reserved students like me. Unfortunately, today I wasn't that lucky enough to remain in the background and not be involved in the on-stage performance.

My eyes followed to the source again while my heart thumped loudly over the dread of being spotted and dragged to the stage out of my all wants.

There was a girl in a green floor-length gown, she shuffled holding her gown with one hand as she made her way towards where I sat on the steps, behind the backstage. She looked no more old as me her eyes glittered behind the golden masquerade mask shielding her half of the face, leaving her bright violet lips and shining brown eyes to display in an intriguing mystery.

I felt like I saw those eyes before, which was surprising because forget about eyes I don't even remember my classmate's names.

"Oh thank God I found someone here, can you help me with- " she tripped.

I kinda saw that coming the girl could barely manage to move with that heavy thing on, she was bound to fell and I was bound to reach over and catch her being the only closest and near thing at the moment.

I got up immediately and caught her arm on time before she went rolling down the stairs.

"stupid stupid fudging stupid dress! fudging stupid people made this fudging stupid dress!" she muttered glaring at her dress.

Then her long opened hair fell curtaining her face, she pushed them back but due to her gloved hands, it slipped off making its way back on the face. My hand shot up reaching to her face feeling like an itch to assist it but I realized the instant what I was doing, geez I dropped it abruptly.

She was too busy cursing to notice, anyway.

Then suddenly she burst into tears I jolted up, it was the first time a girl was crying on me

Hysterically. Loudly. And suddenly.

Being stood near her I feared again but this time due to totally different reason, what if someone saw us they will definitely take me as a culprit because the girl looked too out of the moment to even say anything for or against. The hiccups were like bricks thrown at me making me more freak out and all puzzled up what to do?

Should I leave? run away?

How did I land myself in this situation?

I don't know what to say to a crying person if the person was a boy, the possibility is low though, I honestly couldn't care less about them, here it was a girl I never pay much attention to girls, so in a normal case, I'll pretend to not see or hear them.

But here she was right in front of me, clutching my arm as if she read my thought of slipping away.

Slowly and awkwardly, I patted her shoulder, and said, "it's fine. It's okay..umm can- can you leave my arm?"