Chapter 19 : oh well she's back

You smile, I melt

Laksh's POV

"Hey! everyone as it is you guys already know who I am, I mean it would be kinda rude if you don't know your classmate who studied here with you in this very school for like 14 or" She looked down at the paper nervously, her hands shook clear out visible in the big projector screen.

"It's 12 years actually... but how would I remember you know I lost my memories!?" she forced out a laugh awkwardly, then flinched at what the person said not clear enough to get it, behind the camera.

"I guess too soon to make a joke of it?"

Now, this was Avi Shukla.

Her signature high pony was missing rather had her chocolate brown hair with streaks of blue in two plaits like of some kid. The feisty girl with smoky eyes was in some bright flowery patterned dress.

What had happened to Avi Shukla?

My fierce competitor my rival. The person who never hesitated to fight head-to head with me. Where had she gone?

The befuddlement was shared by the entire class. We were shocked, taken aback by how the accident had changed her.

Two weeks before, Avi had a fatal accident where she lost both of her parents. She and her cousin(Ryan) had survived with severe injuries. She was admitted to the ICU where she laid unconscious for approx 48 hours and came back on the third day. According to the rumors which now appeared to be true she lost her memories. She didn't know anything. She didn't know who she was.

We weren't allowed to visit her, understandable not being the family members or related to her anyhow. The hospital didn't consider friends or enemies in the list of relations of the patient. Quite biased attitude.

Neither her boyfriend Ishaan nor her best friend Tanya knew how she was. Was she fine? And how can anyone outsider meet her....not that she would ever care if I visited her. Because for her I was just an opponent who always stole the first place academically who she didn't like at all.

When I heard about the accident I felt guilty slightly because I had only arguments with her though it was always her bumping into me and yelling at me.

So how do you feel when someone you have never been kind to, had to go through something worse. Had lost both of their parents and their memories. I felt a strange pang for her. I couldn't even imagine myself in her shoes.

Hence, when our class teacher at the beginning of the session of class 11th. In the very first period brought forth this video message from Avi. My heart stopped, I literally stopped working when I heard her name. I thought I would never hear about her and Avi had just been erased off from our lives.

I never cared for anyone in the school. My first goal had been to pass out with top grades so I hadn't bothered to be a part of high school drama or making cherished friendship goals which rarely last after high school's over. I had my eyes on long term goals. However, I won't deny those arguments with Avi and our popular rivalry did impact my school life. I was unknowingly looking forward to them every day, which I knew about, during her absence.

"This is Post Avi Shukla," Avi said gesturing to her. She was grinning she was smiling broadly. This was really Post Avi Shukla because the one, I knew never smiled this much.

"I received so many cards and flowers from you guys. I am thankful but I am sorry I don't know anyone of you" she looked genuinely sorry more about that she didn't remember us than losing memories of us.