Chapter 22 : Princess don't cry

Are you flirting or starting a fight?

I sat at my seat glancing around as the other seats were being filled with students coming in. Almost everyone turned their heads to my way as if checking if the news was correct. The hothead Avi Shukla was back.

I turned my eyes to the door as the familiar lean figure entered. Laughing, his hand running through those silky strands that I could still feel on my fingertips. Ishaan threw his head back his shoulders shook with chuckles at what one of the guys on his basketball team said.

Ishaan was wearing the black one cap which had Captain printed with a skull and an anchor. I gifted him last year when our school won in the inter-schools sports league.

His eyes roamed over the class and landed on me. He smiled with full teeth then literally rushed towards my seat causing other girls something mixture of jealousy and swooning. He loves attention.

all I could hear was

"She thinks I want her man it sucks I just dated her because she's pretty and you know, looking to have fun around but she's too prudent and stubborn for that"

Too prudent. huh

He stopped dropping his elbows on my desk leaning close, his breath fanning my face, "Aliya?" He said

I remained unfazed perked my brow,
" forgotten my name already?"

He blinked then laughed, "Real Avi is so back" he leaned more to probably kiss me because I turned my face, his lips landed instead on my cheek.

He kissed on it then pulled back, "I missed you babe" he took the empty seat beside me and waved at his guys, "you all go I will attend this class!"

He was always like this living in his own little world expecting everyone to follow what he says. With laughing and bursting energy he will make you run around the school and you won't even realize that you're under his control. He had that sunshine and flowers type of aura rendering others to have gravitated towards him.

"So should we skip classes and have fun behind the campus?" He asked suggestively, shifting more towards me.

I inclined away almost hitting my head to the wall." where did you get the nerve?" I asked sharply. How can he behave so normally and forget what happened between us?

He looked at me and even had some audacity to appear confused. He thought I might have forgotten or could've used my condition for his own advantage.

I wanted to snatch off the cap tore it with my nails and stuff it in his pretty mouth. The source of all delusions.

Yep, I don't like him officially now.

"Ishaan you think I don't remember what you said? Prudent? Do you even know what prudent means?? And yes how you want to get back at Laksh using me?"

"Oh, that" he just appeared mildly sheepish not even embarrassed or guilty.

I continued staring at him in disbelief.

What was I expecting? Aside from him begging on his knees for forgiveness. I thought he would be more upfront about his mistakes. Would look remorseful or even clarify a bit.
Act defensive, a small argument, a few tears of his mistake, a fucking Second chance?? anything! than just admitting he said that with barely any change in his reaction.

I looked in front exhaling out I didn't notice I held my breath for his answer. For nothing. He really didn't care. What was that all about then? Those late nights phone calls, sweet texts, flowers, and chocolates all were a scam???.