Chapter 33 : Complications

Light is easy to love. Show me your darkness

"what's your name child?"

I stared at the doctor blankly then said, "Sonia Gandhi"

Alas, the doctor didn't share the same sense of humor, he regarded me as interestedly as a student regards History book.

Honestly, lemme get this straight just pick any History book and you will find there are hardly any students who are die-hard History lovers. No I mean there are, there are people who love History(I am thinking it with a frown) but imagine what would be the lives of those people? Researching about history in their present. What it would be called Living in History?

I snorted

"You're daydreaming" guessed the oh so clever, Doctor.

I smiled, impressed, "you guessed it right! You're a smart man doctor!" I complimented bobbing my head, my eyes scanned around the white hospital room hospital room! oh wow for some reason I like hospital rooms major reason being, my journey started from here so one should like their birthplace isn't it?.

My eyes landed on someone. Someone familiar someone who always fills me with dread.

What was he doing here?

His eyes were already on me.

I stifled my horror expression. Ryan continued looking at me intently he got up slowly, his eyebrows drawing into a furrow and lips curled up in a tight smile.

He appeared innocent and genuinely hesitant I would've believed him if I didn't know, how he was.

The whole response was so unnerving. I dragged my eyes away purposely not looking at his scar and going down to another guilt trip.

I faced the doctor who was still studying me glancing to and fro between the clipboard in his hand to me.

"This is a different case" he gave his final verdict turning to Ryan

Ryan was moving towards me. His attention diverted from me to the doctor.

I looked down twisting the blanket nervously. My ankle poked out from the blanket it was bandaged...

Oh that's why I was here?

I wiggled it at once my lips turned down in a wince

did I hurt it?

And wasn't aware of how and when?

I gazed at it confusedly. The last memory I remember was of Ishaan oh yes! he called me to the locker room and then I heard what he said...

My heart tugged in mild pain. Ishaan the bundle of joy thought of me that?

"Son, is there anyone older at your house?" The doctor asked Ryan. I couldn't see his face but his voice sounded soft and sympathetic.

Ryan shook his head hesitantly, then glanced at me. I smiled, managed to pull my lips forcefully.

"Hello, Post Avi so you're back?" He greeted with an equally forced smile.

It dawns on me what he said a minute late "what's that supposed to mean was I like not back..??" My face scrunched up in puzzlement and fear

"I am calling the psychologist the one I know" the doctor made a statement eyeing me curiously.

Say what?

•~•~•

" The switching in personalities take place due to the disconnectivity when one encounters in their life, they shut off and in a way are not strong enough to face the trauma or any mishappening that they come across. They like closes off and hide behind another personality which comes out on the surface to take over the body and assist them in their regular lives.
The dissociative Identify disorder, is a complex physiological disorder. Right now we can only say Avi has split personality disorder and a case of amnesia.