[22] 𝐄𝐱𝐩𝐨𝐬𝐞𝐝

Začať od začiatku

I hadn't even realised I'd drifted back to sleep until I jolted awake to a high pitched scream. The intense volume would make anyone think the source of the sound had a knife at their throat.

I looked to my arms where Arabella once lay to find them empty, but the bed was still warm indicating she hadn't long got out. I started to panic, especially when I realised it was still nighttime and someone could have broken in. Shit.

"Arabella, baby. Where are you?" I shouted, panic evident in my tone. "I-I am here. Quick... please!"

I ran straight to her bathroom where I heard her shaky voice shout. Thankfully the door wasn't locked, so I cautiously yet quickly opened it preparing for what may be on the other side.

I was confused to see only Arabella crouched into a little ball in the corner, she was shaking like a leaf. "Baby..."

"There-there's a spider. It's massive! A monster even..." she sniffles, trembling even harder.

I grinned at how dramatic she was being, "get rid of it Kadey."

I sighed before looking all over the bathroom. I was starting to think it ran away until I found it.

A black ball, eight incredibly long legs and slightly furred body crouched against the bathtub.

I felt myself pale as my bloodstream froze. If it wasn't for Arabella, I would have screamed like a child and ran out of the house. I fucking hate these creepy bastards.

"Are- are you sure you want me to kill it. What if we- what if we just let it live here, it can have a nice warm place. Good idea? Okay, let's go."

I started walking towards the door but another sniffle made me stall. I remorsefully grimaced and turned to look at her tear-streaked face. "But- but it's MY bathroom so it needs to be evicted. It was plotting to kill me! I was on the toilet and it came from a web and swung above me. I've never been so petrified...just kill it!"

With Arabella's kind nature, I honestly thought she'd love insects and be against killing them but I guess looks can be deceiving.

With one last glance at Arabella's pale and fearful face, I slowly tiptoed towards the monster. I clenched my fist to help cease my intense shaking.

Quickly, I looked around the small bathroom and grabbed a large eyeshadow pallet... I think. I took a step closer until I was directly above it. Ahhh... stop shaking Kade.

Three...

Two...

One...

I threw the black rectangle shape on top of the spider and bolted back towards Arabella.

"It's fucking alive still!" I screamed, Arabella immediately scolded me on my choice of language. Of course in a situation like this, she'd still tell me off.

Rolling my shoulders back, I moved towards the beast again. I could feel Arabella's intense stare on me, my breathing was erratic.

With a strained grunt that held back my scream, I quickly stood on the thing that began to move again.

I grabbed Arabella and ran straight out the room, kicking the shoe off I used to kill the monster, on the way.

I hadn't noticed I'd bought us into another bathroom. I sat on the closed toilet seat and held Arabella close to me.

"That- that was... you're my hero!" Arabella squeezed me tighter with tears running down her chubby cheeks.

"It was only a little thing... nothing to be afraid of," yes I lied, but I can't let my angel know her 'hero' was petrified himself. "Let's go to bed baby."