Prologue

<^◇♧◇^>
-"Ashes to ashes, dust to dust,
we all come to the earth as one."-
____________________

Bringing the hammer down on his old comrade, trapped within the light, Arthur was winning, both having the same adrenaline but being unable to even stand without it.

He tied up the final loose end before stumbling to his knees as the last amounts of power he had started to withdraw from his body.

As the light escapes from the man's eyes, leaving him with no answers.
Nothing but the wind strikes the painless frame, stalking its prey as the father laid dead on his kitchen floor.

Soon, he realised that he was anything but human, a creature of unknown talent and creativity, the idea haunted him.

He was too old for his crimes and could never serve a life sentence, nor a death from the likes of family. His old memories starting to fade along with anything he had of use, he wasn't as strong as the ox of raw strength he was known for.

Still not feeling safe, though the idea of even those who are around him were suspected as his allies, there could of been a slip in the air, a cut that teared it's way into their minds for them to perform a fake sense of immortality.

Breaking the covenant of hatred from the Gods was the only thing on his mind as he watched the man bleed out on the carpet flooring as the noises of neighbouring dogs bark, echoing throughout the night upon after it was followed with gunshots.

-"I'm truly sorry my friend, I thought you were the one that made the call."-
He said apologetically, knowing that his search was now over.

-"And I was right."-

Placing another round through the weakened wolfman, his heart stopped after he pulled the trigger, a bruised face was easy to hide from his son including his wife.

Finding something inescapable, a knife with the draining power of his ability now determines itself, with what's left he wasn't sure on if he could even make it home.

He heard someone knocking at the front door, yet vaguely not after long, it reveals flashing red lights and blue hues near the windows, it was but early, a shift in the clouds led to another cigarette of pain and suffocation.

-"I must find him."- He thought determinedly, keeping his mind clear and pushing through his unbearable lies and creeping towards the conclusion that it was the lack of pain that sent him to believe the truth.

He makes his way out to the moonlight before the two officers barged in to check the rooms.

But in the end, they found nothing but corpses of the household members.
-"Someone must have set this up, but I wonder why a power had to be clear for this. But who?"-

His mind was consumed by thousands of thoughts along with the questions he was trying to seek for answers, yet in the end he was left cracked with an empty hand.

-"I'm getting too old for this..."-

___________________

<^◇♧◇^>