Turning Point

<^◇♧◇^>
-"You and I, we shouldn't be here."-
______________

They walk in as John was reading a book at his desk.

upon seeing them, he closes it momentarily and looks ahead both. Then at Evan.

-"Sit down Evan."-

He takes a seat and looks at Nina then at John and he looks at them with more than a professional smile.

"Is there something wrong sir?" Questioning his own authority as John stares in slight discomfort.

-"Matter of fact, yes there is. And that is you already made a foe. An enemy within our ranks."-

Evan looks at John as he stares at Nina, trying to defuse the situation, he disagrees,

"No.. not really- we have an odd banter together, fair enough but. Not enemies, no. We're good friends right?" He turns in his seat glaring at her as she nods with a decent smile.

Turning back around he nods. "See. No harm there." But John just smiles as he lays his hands upon his brow.

-"Who do you take me for Evan? An imbecile? She burned your plan and was going to burn your father's journal."-

Both looking less like friends.

-"That's right.. Arthur's journal."-

His heart sank.

Placing her case as she fought against those who tried to oppress her, yet there was nothing to say..

Then he felt it.

That sudden dose of energy amongst his veins, a violent energy of power, he was now unable to reason nor be threatened into reasoning.

Staring at her with his heart in his ears, a husk breathing pattern, slow paced and throughout his mind, he could see how she was only staring back and not thinking on what he could do, or better yet, what he wanted to do, if anything had touched that journal.

"Well that's a shame."

Nina only stared, but John knew what had happened, Evan was no longer in control, protecting the three of them, taking his wrist into grasp and staring at the blue aura shimmering out like bluelight from monitors to phone screens, all while he was just staring at her. . .

Just waiting for the right time.

John sits again and has his attention while freeing his pressure by releasing his pain into a talkative matter, shifting the balance back the the topic at hand.

-"Well I see you two are such good buddies. Why doesn't she train you."-

John's words echo in Evan's now empty mind as it rattles in his ears.
He tries smiling but Nina lashes out breaking composure.

-"WHAT! John you can't be serious?"-

John simply smiles at her. 
-"Dead serious."-

-"Well I disagree! I'm not training him."- Fighting her own case while John doesn't budge.

-"Well why not. Where is the shame in training him? You are more than capable."-