Chapter 38: A Big Mess

- The Following Day -

*Patrick*
She was lying next to him with that stupid red strip on her nose, trying to snore once again. His head was under the pillow when the alarm started going off, the cue for him to say his line 'Shut it off please!', 'Do not snap at me' she said back. He felt her leg move away from his as she rolled over, 'I didn't sleep much he said face down onto the mattress, 'Maybe because you were to busy shoving me every five minutes' she said. 'I wasn't shoving you, I was nudging you to stop the loud sawing of wood' he said turning around and wrapping his arms around her. He nuzzled into her neck, relishing in the feeling of being close to her as she said 'I wore the nose strip', 'It's cute but it doesn't work' he responded kissing her neck. 'Ow' she said, 'What?' he asked kissing her cheek, their legs intertwined, 'You need to shave' she said pushing him away and getting up. He couldn't help but wish that this wasn't the only time he'd get to kiss her that day. He got up and smiled at her, they walked together to where they'd be shooting the next scene. 'So how did things go when you got home?' she asked putting her hand on his arm, the simple touch steadying him. 'It wasn't too bad' he said smiling down at her, this isn't how a man who had just found out his wife was pregnant was meant to feel.
Just what he needed, Isaiah came walking up to them, 'Late again this morning Dempsey?' he said in that frustrating tone of voice. 'Not today Isaiah, I'm not in tho mood' he said back, maybe in a sharper tone of voice than he intended. 'What's the matter Dempsey? Ellen stopped spreading her legs for you?' Isaiah said, 'You don't know what the hell you're talking about, leave her out of it' he yelled back walking towards him. Isaiah laughed and walked over to him, he had never been this angry, how dare he bring Ellen into this, he could say what he wanted about him but Ellen was a step too far. 'Who knows what she sees in you' Isaiah said pushing him, 'Don't touch me!' he said pushing him back, 'That's what you guys do in those trailers isn't it, that's why you're late to film so often' Isaiah said smiling at him. 'Shut your damn mouth Isaiah' he said pushing him again, 'Get your hands off of me you f*ggot' Isaiah said pushing him harder. 'What did you just call me? Don't you dare use that f*cking word ever again' he said, how could he? He knew about TR and how he felt, he could feel everybody's eyes on them but didn't want to take his eyes off of Isaiah, who knows what he'd do next. 'What? You don't want to be called a f*ggot? Like TR over there is' Isaiah said, he pushed him harder, how could he bring TR into this. He felt Isaiah's hands wrap around his neck, pushing against him, he was a lot taller than him, a lot bigger than him. People started rushing over to them, grabbing Isaiah off of him, he heard Ellen's voice by his ear, 'Patrick, Patrick are you okay?'. He looked around trying to find her face, he felt her hands on his cheeks, turning his face to hers, 'You scared me' she said. He leant in, his nose brushing against hers 'I'm fine, I promise' he whispered. 'What the hell happened' Shonda said walking up behind them, Ellen pulled away and said 'Ask Isaiah, he had his hands around Patrick's throat'. Security had dragged Isaiah away kicking and yelling, 'You know I'm going to need you both in my office to tell me what happened' Shonda said. He nodded and looked up 'Yeah of course' he said looking at Ellen who was also nodding. 'Patrick take a few minutes to clean yourself up, both of you be in my office tomorrow morning at 8:00' Shonda said, they both nodded and watched as Shonda left to go find Isaiah. 'Let's go to my trailer, take a few minutes just to breathe' Ellen said holding her hand out to him, he took it and got up. 'Thank you' TR said from behind them, he turned around, 'Someone needed to say something' he said smiling sadly at him before walking away with Ellen.
She sat next to him on the couch, he watched her as she leaned in and ran her hands over his neck, 'You're lucky there isn't any redness' she said. 'Why would you do that? Why would you let him get under your skin like that?' she said shaking her head. 'What with everything going on, I was in a bad mood and then he mentioned you, you know I can't think straight when it comes to you' he said running his hand down her cheek. She put her head on his shoulder, moving closer to him, 'I'm glad your okay Paddy' she said cuddling into him.

*Ellen*
The red nose strip she was wearing was so damn uncomfortable, she was trying to snore once again. Patrick was lying next to her with his head under the  pillow as he said his line 'Shut it off please!', 'Do not snap at me' she said back. She rolled over, shutting off the alarm, 'I didn't sleep much he said face down onto the mattress, 'Maybe because you were to busy shoving me every five minutes' she said. 'I wasn't shoving you, I was nudging you to stop the loud sawing of wood' he said, she felt his arms wrap around her. The way they fit together just right, she felt him nuzzle into her neck as she said 'I wore the nose strip', 'It's cute but it doesn't work' he responded, his lips now on her neck. 'Ow' she said, 'What?' he asked, his legs hooking around hers, 'You need to shave' she said pushing him away and getting up. She already missed his warm arms around her, making her feels safe and loved. She watched as he got up and smiled at her, they walked together to where they'd be shooting the next scene. 'So how did things go when you got home?' she asked putting her hand on his arm, needing him to know that she was there. 'It wasn't too bad' he said smiling down at her, she could see the pain in his eyes as he looked at her.
Isaiah walked up to them, she knew how much he got on Patrick's nerves, 'Late again this morning Dempsey?' he said. 'Not today Isaiah, I'm not in tho mood' Patrick said back, she hadn't heard him sound that annoyed before. 'What's the matter Dempsey? Ellen stopped spreading her legs for you?' Isaiah said, how could he say that? She watched the fury set on Patrick's face, 'You don't know what the hell you're talking about, leave her out of it' he yelled back walking towards him. She stayed back as Isaiah laughed and walked over to him. 'Who knows what she sees in you' Isaiah said pushing Patrick, 'Don't touch me!' he said pushing Isaiah back, 'That's what you guys do in those trailers isn't it, that's why you're late to film so often' Isaiah said. 'Shut your damn mouth Isaiah' Patrick said pushing him again, 'Get your hands off of me you f*ggot' Isaiah said pushing him harder. 'What did you just call me? Don't you dare use that f*cking word ever again' he said. She looked around to see if TR was there, she didn't want him to here this, he was standing in the corner of the room watching. 'What? You don't want to be called a f*ggot? Like TR over there is' Isaiah said, he pushed him harder, how could he be so insensitive, what a homophobic jerk. Her heart sank as she watched Isaiah's hands wrap around Patrick's throat, she tried to run to him but she felt someone's hand grab her arm holding her back. The security guards grabbed Isaiah off of Patrick and the person holding her back let go of her. She ran over to him and said in his ear 'Patrick, Patrick are you okay?', he looked lost, she put her hands on his face and turned his head to hers. 'You scared me' she said, he leant in, his nose brushing against hers 'I'm fine, I promise' he whispered. 'What the hell happened' Shonda said walking up behind them, she pulled away and said 'Ask Isaiah, he had his hands around Patrick's throat'. Security had dragged Isaiah away kicking and yelling, 'You know I'm going to need you both in my office to tell me what happened' Shonda said. 'Yeah of course' he said looking at her as she nodded along with him. 'Patrick take a few minutes to clean yourself up, both of you be in my office tomorrow morning at 8:00' Shonda said, they both nodded and watched as Shonda left to go find Isaiah. 'Let's go to my trailer, take a few minutes just to breathe' she said holding her hand out to him, he took it and got up. 'Thank you' TR said from behind them, she turned around, 'Someone needed to say something' Patrick said, she tried to give him a comforting smile before walking with her to the trailer.
She sat next to him on the couch, she leaned in and ran her hands over his neck, making sure he wasn't hurt in any way, 'You're lucky there isn't any redness' she said. 'Why would you do that? Why would you let him get under your skin like that?' she said shaking her head, she couldn't believe he was stupid enough to get into that fight. 'What with everything going on, I was in a bad mood and then he mentioned you, you know I can't think straight when it comes to you' he said running his hand down her cheek. She put her head on his shoulder, moving closer to him, 'I'm glad your okay Paddy' she said cuddling into him.

Season 3 Episode 12