Chapter 2: A Phone Call

- A Few Days Later -

*Patrick*
Patrick was eating dinner with his wife in his dining room, Talula was already asleep upstairs and they were making small talk about what their daughter had done that day. He had been feeling guilty recently as the beautiful face of Ellen had been haunting his dreams, so he was trying to make it up to his wife by spending more time with her. He hadn't done anything wrong and wasn't thinking about her in a particularly compromising way but the guilt still lingered.
His phone started to ring, interrupting their conversation, he picked it up immediately and left the room to answer it. It was the agency calling about the part of Derek Shepherd, he had been hoping he would get the part so he could see Ellen again, and also for the steady income for a year at least.
He got off the phone and his chest felt like it was about to burst, he was so happy. He rushed into the dining room to tell Jill that he got the part, she seemed happy enough for him, if not a bit confused about why he was so ecstatic about it when he'd been in so many movies and TV shows before.
That night Ellen appeared in his dreams once again and it was the best he had slept for a long time.

*Ellen*
Ellen was on a date with her boyfriend, Chris, they were out for dinner and were talking about her new part when she got a phone call. She excused herself and took it outside, it was Shonda telling her that Patrick got the part, she thanked her and went back outside. She was so excited and couldn't stop smiling as she walked back in, Chris asked her why she was so happy and she told him about Patrick getting the part. He was confused as to why she was so happy about this and she couldn't explain to him why without sounding insane. What was she supposed to say to him? That as soon as they met she felt like she knew him, or that the way they flirted with each other during the screen test felt natural? There was no way she could explain that to him, so she let him stay confused and said 'He was my first choice so I'm excited'.