Chapter 15: Pizza and Flowers

- A Couple of Weeks Later -

*Ellen*
They were sitting on the couch of their trailer eating lunch, Patrick had ordered them pizza as a special treat. 'Are you going to tell me why you ordered us pizza today?' she asked him with her mouth half full and a big grin on her face. He laughed at her and replied 'Why can't I buy my favourite costar pizza', she raised her eyebrows at him. He really was adorable she thought as he leant across the pizza box and wiped a bit of tomato sauce away from the corner of her mouth, he then proceeded to suck the sauce off of his thumb. How did he make everything look so seductive she thought, biting her bottom lip. They were interrupted by a knock on the door, she jumped up saying 'I'll get it'. She opened the door to see a man with a massive bunch of flowers waiting outside, 'Flowers for Ellen Pompeo' he said, she thanked him and bought them inside looking at the label. He bought her flowers, why would he buy her flowers? 'Do you like them?' he asked getting up from the couch to help her put them in some water. 'Patrick Galen Dempsey what did you do?' she said trying to be serious but failing miserably, 'Why would you think I've done something?' he said with a cheeky grin. 'Why else would you get me flowers' she said, 'You know that scene we filmed yesterday, the one when I basically called you a whore. Well I felt bad so I bought you flowers' he said giving her his Mcdreamy eyes, this man was complete and utter perfection she thought. She put the flowers down and flung her arms around his neck, laughing softly into the collar of his shirt 'You know that was just a script right? I know you'd never hurt my feelings like that in real life' she said. He buried his face into the crook of her neck and mumbled 'I know, I know, but sometimes, with you, I forget where Meredith and Derek end and we begin'. She whispered softly 'Me too' and pulled away to look at him, the way he looked at her made her heart stop, she quickly turned around, making herself busy with arranging the flowers before she did anything they'd both regret.

*Patrick*
He still felt bad about what he said yesterday, he knew it was only for the show but being mean to Ellie in general wasn't something he could bare. He had bought them pizza for lunch that day trying to ease his guilty conscience. 'Are you going to tell me why you ordered us pizza today?' she asked him with her mouth half full and a big grin on her face, she was the most beautiful woman he'd ever seen even though she ate like she was starved for days. He laughed at the tomato sauce on the side of her mouth and said 'Why can't I buy my favourite costar pizza', she raised her eyebrows at him. He couldn't help but lean over and wipe the tomato sauce off her face with his thumb and sucking it off. She bit her lip something he knew that she only did when she was particularly enjoying their flirty activities. They were interrupted by a knock on the door, it must be his surprise for her he thought. She jumped up and said 'I'll get it', he watched her half run to the door with a big smile on his face, she was always so happy at lunch time. She shut the door behind her, he could barely see her behind all of those flowers, she tried to put on her serious face and said  'Patrick Galen Dempsey what did you do?'. He gave her a cheeky grin and said 'Why would you think I've done something?', she smiled and raised an eyebrow 'Why else would you get me flowers?' she asked. He tried to explain 'You know that scene we filmed yesterday, the one when I basically called you a whore. Well I felt bad so I bought you flowers', he tried to get a read on her, looking into her eyes. She put the flowers down and flung her arms around his neck, he instinctively buried his face into the crook of her neck as she said 'You know that was just a script right? I know you'd never hurt my feelings like that in real life'. He knew that, he mumbled 'I know, I know but sometimes, with you, I forget where Meredith and Derek end and we begin' onto her skin. She whispered softly 'Me too', of course she did, she always understood him. She pulled away and looked him in the eyes before quickly turning around and arranging the flowers. Well at least she liked them he thought with a smile.

Patrick did actually buy Ellen flowers after they shot the scene in Season 2 Episode 24 because he felt bad.

"I could just look at her and feel completely emotionally present and unaware of the camera,"- Patrick Dempsey