Chapter 51: The People's Choice Awards, Ellen's POV

- January 9th 2007 -

*Ellen*
She had decided to save Patrick's dress for the Golden Globes, it was a bit more classy than the PCAs. Her and Chris were running late, she hurried down the red carpet towards the awards, Chris was trailing behind her. She got stopped by an interviewer asking to see that god awful ring that Chris had made her put on but she politely rushed off. She had promised Patrick that she'd spend the evening with him and knew that he was probably nervous since he was nominated for an award. She saw Patrick's head turn towards her, the sight of him almost stopped him completely, she'd never get over how extremely attractive he is. Chris walked passed her, pushing her forward as he went, Patrick had saved two seats for them next to him. Chris got there first and of course he took the one next to Patrick, they'd never talked about it and they probably never would but she could tell that he was intimidated by him. It was the look that he got whenever she talked about him that gave it away at first, then things like this, purposely sitting between them, not that she could say anything. The things she and Patrick had done behind his back made her feel guilty enough to give him a free pass with whatever feelings he had about him. As she got to the chairs Patrick got up and wrapped his arms around her, kissing her on the cheek, 'You look stunning as always' he said with a smile. 'And you look as handsome as ever' she said smiling back at him, they took their seats and she felt Chris' hand on her leg. Clearly he didn't take Patrick's greeting well.

'And your favourite TV Drama is Grey's Anatomy', she couldn't believe it, they'd won! Chris grabbed her hand and congratulated her, she went to get up but he pulled her back down for a kiss

'And your favourite TV Drama is Grey's Anatomy', she couldn't believe it, they'd won! Chris grabbed her hand and congratulated her, she went to get up but he pulled her back down for a kiss. She pecked him on the cheek before turning around to find Patrick waiting for her, he was holding his hand out for her to take. She couldn't help but beam at the man in front of her, she was so incredibly lucky to have him by her side. They walked up the stairs hand in hand, Kate following closely behind them, she didn't want this moment to end. It was like a fairytale, she was walking up the stairs with the most attractive man in the room, perhaps the world, to go receive an award for the TV show she was was the main character of. All of her wishes had come true. They were standing on the stage, she had let go of Patrick's hand in all of the commotion and somehow Kate was now standing between them. Chandra started speaking, she had her arm around Kate, they'd become good friends over the past couple years, not quite as close as her and Sandra but close in a different way. She was heartbroken that she'd be leaving at the end of the season but so happy for her that she'd been given her own spin off. She felt a hand brush against her arm and looked over to see Patrick smiling at her, he held onto her forearm, his thumb rubbing circles against her skin. She thanked the audience before everybody started to walk off, she felt Patrick's hand find its place on the small of her back as they walked down the stairs. She gave him one last smile before sitting back in her seat next to Chris, now they just had to wait and see if Patrick would win the award he was nominated for.
'And the favourite male TV Star is Patrick Dempsey', of course he won, the crowd went wild, Chris was even the first person to stand up to clap for him. She was so proud of him, maybe a little jealous, but honestly he deserved it more than anyone she knew. She sat back down as he took his award, 'Thank you everybody, thank you so much. Thanks for a second chance, thank you. I'm very fortunate to be a part of a great ensemble and I really have to thank the cast of Greys Anatomy, I'm very fortunate to be working with all of you. Ellen Pompeo I share this with you, thank you. ABC, touchstone thank you so much and Shonda Rhimes thank you for creating Dr Mcdreamy, it's changed my life. And I'd just like to say my wife can't be here tonight, I love you, I miss you, I'll see you soon. Goodbye' he said. Did he really just say that he shared his award for her and then add on something for Jill at the end, almost like an after thought. She clapped and smiled at him as he walked down the stairs back to her. He didn't take his eyes off of her as he crossed the floor to his seat, if she was being honest she couldn't look away from him either. All she wanted to do was hug him, to celebrate with him, it would make too much of a scene if she did so she stayed in her seat. 'Congratulations Paddy' she said over Chris, he gave her that sparkly eyed smile and said 'I couldn't have done it without you'. She sat back in her seat and felt Chris' eyes on her, perhaps the tension between them had become too much or they were flirting more than usual, but if she was being honest this was unbelievably tame for the two of them.
They were taking cast pictures with the award, Patrick was standing behind her with one hand in her arm and the other on her hip. She was leaning back slightly so every once in a while his cheek would brush the side of her head. She knew that they probable shouldn't be standing so close together in a cast photo but she couldn't help it, the need to be close to him felt like a magnetic pull. He whispered 'You do make an extremely attractive date to these shows' in her ear, she laughed leaning back a little into him.

Whenever she was with him she felt like they were in their own world, in their own bubble that just contained the two of them

Whenever she was with him she felt like they were in their own world, in their own bubble that just contained the two of them. They all changed positions, Patrick still standing next to her but his arm was on her shoulder now. She had her arm wrapped around his waist and they were all smiling and laughing, she got caught up in those blue eyes of his. Those eyes were permanently engraved into her mind, they were all she could think about, the way he looked at her was probably what bought their chemistry to life. The intensity of it in person was probably more than what could ever be seen on a screen but some version of it was clearly present. It was what was bringing their viewers back each week to watch more, well that and the drama of the writing.

Somehow she spend the rest of the night on Patrick's arm, Chris was never far behind and she could always feel his eyes on her

Somehow she spend the rest of the night on Patrick's arm, Chris was never far behind and she could always feel his eyes on her. She had to admit that the night probably wouldn't have been all that different if she hadn't bought Chris. Perhaps there might have more flirting and touching but Patrick wasn't the type to hold back either way. He kept his arm firmly wrapped around her waist as they greeted people and talked about the show. Patrick kept on calling his award 'their' award, he refused to take sole credit for it and said it was just as much hers as it was his. She didn't think it was possible but she had fallen even more in love with him after he had said that.