Chapter 48: Self Control

After the Interview

*Patrick*
'You're really going to eat that?' she said pointing at the pot noodle in his hand, 'What's wrong with it? You enjoy your salad' he said laughing at her. 'Don't think I have forgotten about you bringing up the ring' she said glaring at him, he was hoping that she'd forget about that. 'I couldn't help myself, you did a good job playing it off by the way' he said smirking at her, 'Oh you do not get to look at me like that' she said putting her salad down. He watched as she walked up to him, the look in her eyes made him put down his lunch, he was pretty sure if he didn't he'd be wearing it. She picked up a cushion from the side and hit his arm with it, 'Hey!' he said smiling at the tiny figure in front of him. She went to hit him again but this time he was ready, he grabbed the pillow off of her and dropped it on the ground next to him as he wrapped his arms around her. He felt her laughter vibrate onto his chest as he tickled her sides. 'Please no, Paddy let me go' she said in between breaths, he stopped but didn't let go of her, he stood looking down at her. He was leaning against the counter top and she was pressed up against him, they were both still out of breath from laughing. He had lost all sense of reality, every thought left his head except his desire for her, he leant down not taking his eyes off of her lips. She moved her head down slightly, he took the hint but he still needed something, he kissed her cheek bone lightly before pulling away and placing another kiss lower down on her cheek. He saw her eyelids flutter close and her mouth part, he kissed down her face to her jaw, he sucked lightly on the edge of her jaw. He heard her breather heavier before she pulled away turning her head so her forehead was resting against his. He looked into her eyes, breathing her in, he needed this time with her to take the edge off of how much he wanted her. His fingers were threaded through her hair, his thumb caressed her cheek where his mouth had just been. Her hands were still holding his arms, her eyelashes were dark against her cheeks and her golden hair curled. He whispered 'You're so beautiful', it was true, he'd never met a woman as stunning as her. He rubbed his nose against hers before letting go of her, he watched her walk back to the couch sitting back down and picking up her salad. He sat next to her with his noodles and turned the TV on, neither of them inclined to talk but instead content to sit together in each other's company.

*Ellen*
The interviews had gone really well but they had only just finished, it was 4:30 and they still hadn't had lunch. 'You're really going to eat that?' she said pointing at the pot noodle in his hand, 'What's wrong with it? You enjoy your salad' he said laughing at her. At least her salad was healthy and besides he didn't get to make fun of her after he bought up the ring. 'Don't think I have forgotten about you bringing up the ring' she said glaring at him, 'I couldn't help myself, you did a good job playing it off by the way' he said smirking at her. That smirk was infuriating, 'Oh you do not get to look at me like that' she said putting her salad down. She didn't know what she was going to do but she wanted to kill him, she saw the cushion on the side and picked it up. She hit his arm with it, 'Hey!' he said smiling at her, she went to hit him again but this time he grabbed the pillow off of her and dropped it on the ground next to him. She felt his arms wrap around her as he started to tickle her sides, she was extremely ticklish. She couldn't stop laughing and was barely able to get out 'Please no, Paddy let me go' between breaths. Clearly he heard her plea as he stopped tickling her but his arms stayed wrapped around her waist. She was pressed up against him, still out of breath from laughing. She noticed his eyes shift from hers to her lips, he always did that before he was going to kiss her. She knew better but she didn't want him to stop, she felt intoxicated with his closeness. She moved her head down slightly, it was all she could bring herself to do to stop him. She felt his lips connect with her cheek, kissing it softly before moving further down, it felt so right. Her mouth parted as he kissed down her face to her jaw, he sucked lightly on the edge of her jaw, it caused her to sharply breath in. She needed to look at him, to look into his eyes, to stop this before she ended up a moaning mess. She turned her head to rest her forehead against his, their mouths inches apart and their breath mingling. The feeling of his hands pulling lightly on her hair and his thumb caressing her cheek was almost too much to handle. He whispered 'You're so beautiful', into the space between them, she didn't know how she had gone so long without him. She felt his nose against hers, and she couldn't help but smile. This time he was the one to pull away, clearly he had more self control than her now. She walked away and sat on the couch, picking up her salad, she needed her mind to be on anything that wasn't his lips against hers. He sat next to her and turned the TV on, she didn't even know what show was on, she didn't care. All she could think about was his breath on her cheek, his tongue against her jaw.