t w e n t y - t w o ❤️

"I can't believe that George is going to the dance with her," Ron said, as he and Hermione left the Great Hall to return to the common room, later that day. 

"Ronald!" Hermione yelled, with a warning tone. "That's rude. She's Iris' sister." 

"Well, I infinitely prefer Iris," Ron said simply. 

Hermione just released an expressive sigh. A sigh that was expressive of her irritation. 

"We don't have time to discuss these matters right now. You have a Quidditch game that you need to win, or have you so easily forgotten?" she asked. 

Ron gave a shake of his head at that question. 

"Of course, I haven't forgotten," he said, swiftly checking his watch. "Oh my God, we're going to be late," he said. 

"Told you so," Hermione replied, with a gentle smirk. 

The two of them frantically rushed through the rain, after Ron had got changed into his Quidditch robes, towards the pitch. 

Once they had arrived, just in the nick of time, Hermione quickly pulled Ron into a tight hug. 

"Alright. Good luck, Ron. Keep your head in the game," she said. 

Ron smiled at that. 

"I always do," he said. 

Hermione smiled back at him with confidence behind her warm brown eyes. 

"Good. Speak soon," she said, as she pulled her hood up over her head and went to sit with the other watchers of the game. 

It was only a few moments later that Hufflepuff scored fifty points. 

"Shoot," Hermione said disapprovingly. 

She paused in her speech when she noticed that Iris was walking towards her. 

Iris swiftly sat down beside Hermione and offered her some popcorn. 

"How's it going?" she asked her. 

"I think it would be going a little better if you joined the team," Hermione said. 

Iris raised an eyebrow at this. 

"You haven't even seen me play, though," she said. 

"No. However, I have seen you fly. I just have a hunch. Poor Ginny. I feel like she and Ron are doing most of the work here. It's difficult to play in the rain as it is. Not to mention that Fred and George aren't playing for the next few weeks due to the Triwizard tournament," Hermione said, with concern behind her words. 

Iris turned to her friend with a sympathetic expression. 

"We could help them out a little," Iris whispered to Hermione. 

"Iris...you know we can't cheat," Hermione replied. 

Iris shrugged. 

"It wouldn't be cheating, necessarily. I invented this little device ages ago which helps clear up rain. It could be useful. Besides, how would anyone know that we changed the weather and it didn't just change by itself, anyway?" Iris asked. 

Hermione wasn't the greatest fan of breaking the rules, but with how terribly the Gryffindor team seemed to be doing, she was beginning to consider it as an option. 

After a moment or two, Hermione turned back to Iris and spoke again. 

"Okay. Fine, but we better not get caught, Embers," she said. 

"Don't even worry about it," Iris replied, as she flicked the switch on the little weather machine. 

It was only a few seconds after that that the rain began to clear up a little. The skies were slowly returning to their much more pleasant shade of azure. 

Soon after this, the Gryffindor team began to play much better. They scored one-hundred points after a few extra minutes. 

"I have to admit, Iris, you certainly do come up with creative ideas for helping our friends out," Hermione said. 

"Well, I try my best. I just want to be able to help out in any way that I can and as I'm not playing on the team yet, I figured this was the next best thing. Besides, I have some confidence that when I start playing Quidditch I'll be just fine. I may have picked up a few pointers from Estella," she admitted. 

Hermione smiled at that statement. That was a relief. It would definitely greatly benefit the Gryffindor team to have a new player out there with them. 

It wasn't too long after Gryffindor scored some more points that Estella began to walk towards Iris and Hermione. 

"Stella? What are you even doing here? This isn't your game!" Iris said. 

Estella rolled her eyes. 

"Don't you think I know that? I wanted to apologise for the other day. I was being close-minded. I'm excited for you to go to the dance with Fred. It's obvious that you like him," Estella said. 

This caused Hermione's ears to perk up. 

"I don't like him,"  Iris hastily denied. "We're very good friends." 

"'Very good friends'. Okay," Estella said, before she scoffed. "Well, either way I'm sure the dance is going to go just great, Iris! And look, Gryffindor are winning, which is also a very, very good thing. Anyway, I need to go and find George. I promised him that I would do some studying with him. Catch you later, Iris, Hermione." 

"See you," Hermione replied with a smile, though her mind was still thinking over different matters. 

After Estella had left, Hermione turned to Iris with an inquisitive expression plastered onto her face. 

"Don't look at me like that," Iris said. 

"Like what?" Hermione asked innocently. 

Iris folded her arms in front of her chest. 

"You're just far too observant, Hermione. You can read people far too easily and that makes me nervous sometimes," Iris said. 

Hermione raised an eyebrow at that. 

"What do you mean?" she asked. 

"What I mean is that I'm concerned you're going to start telling me things about myself that I don't even know myself!" Iris said. 

"Don't worry. I wasn't going to say anything. Come on Ron!" Hermione exclaimed, as Ron managed to score some more points for Gryffindor. 

Someone just needed to catch the golden snitch, now, and then Gryffindor would win the game easily enough! 

The third year seeker, who Hermione believed was called Thea Place, soared through the sky and swiftly caught the snitch in her hand. 

Gryffindor had won!