Chapter 16

When Oliver, Conklin and Taiana get back to the camp Conklin goes to Reiter's tent and tells him what he has found, and that Oliver did not kill Taiana like he said he did.

Reiter was able to see that this was the truth, so he let Conklin whip Oliver just as Oliver had done to him the day before. Something ended up catching Reiter's eye though and it caused him to stop Conklin from whipping Oliver anymore.

"Stop. I think Mr. Queen might be some use to us after all." Reiter said.

"Oh, come on. I deserve to whip him some more." Conklin said.

"You've done enough. That tattoo on his ribs will be of use to us soon." Reiter said.

"You want me to stop because of a tattoo?" Conklin asked.

"Yes. That tattoo is very important, and Mr. Queen will also be very helpful with finding what I am looking for because he knows this island well." Reiter said.

"I will help you on one condition. You have to let Taiana live." Oliver said.

"I think I can work with that." Reiter said.

Later Oliver is tied up and Reiter is torturing him to find out what he knows about the maps that he got off of the ship. Oliver doesn't give anything away but when Reiter is done with him Oliver is so out of it that he passes out. While he is out, he has a visit from an old friend.

"Shado?" Oliver asked.

"Oliver, you can't let Reiter get to what he is looking for. If he gets it no one will be able to stop him." Shado said.

"I don't know what to do here." Oliver said.

"You do what you do best. You survive." Shado said.

"I need you to take this stone and keep it with you. It is the only way for Reiter to get what he is looking for." Shado said.

"I will take care of it." Oliver said and Shado slipped the rock in Oliver's hand and then he wakes up and see that the rock is really in his hand.

Oliver is then put in a cell with Taiana. Oliver is still out of it. He then decides to tell Taiana the truth about what happened to her brother. Oliver also tells her that the rock will help them find what Reiter is looking for.

Taiana then takes the rock from Oliver and gives it to Reiter. "Oliver said that this rock would help you find what you are looking for. In return I want my freedom. I can't stay with the man who kill my brother.

"You will stay with him and you will nurse him back to health. If Mr. Queen dies, then you die." Reiter said.

Taiana then then turned back to Oliver and helped him get cleaned up and patched up. After a while Taiana was where she was willing to forgive Oliver.

They both talked for a while about their families. "My mom and my sister already think that I am dead. If I end up dying here and you make it home, I would like you to go and tell them what really happened to me." Oliver said.

"I can do that if you promise to go and see my mother and tell her what really happened here. What about the girl in the picture?" Taiana asked.

"She is the love of my life. She thinks that I cheated on her with her own sister, but I didn't do that. If you could tell her that I love her that would be good too." Oliver said.

"I can do that. I just hope I am able to make it back home. My mother work for this man that pretty much treats her like a slave. He is a very powerful man, and it would be nice to get her away from him. He is like the leader of one of the gangs that is in the city." Taiana said.