Chapter 9

After Slade left Anatoly was going to kill Ivo but Oliver held him back. Anatoly and another man walked out of the plane while Oliver and Sara talked to Ivo.

"I wish there was a way to stop Slade and turn him back into the man that I know he is." Oliver said.

"There is a way, and I will give it to you on one condition." Ivo said.

"And what would that be?" Sara said.

"I want you to kill me Sara. I am going to die anyways from the infection in my arm. I think it will be more merciful if I die from a bullet to the head than from the pain of this infection." Ivo said.

"Tell us about the cure and I will do what you want." Sara said.

"Are you really going to kill him Sara? You are not a killer." Quentin said.

"You will just have to wait and see. I don't want to spoil everything." Sara said.

"The cure is in my safe on the ship." Ivo said.

"Ok, I know how to get into that, but we will need to find a way on the ship." Sara said.

"Ok, you promised that you would kill me, so do what you promised." Ivo said.

Sara aims the gun at Ivo and was about to pull the trigger when Oliver stopped her.

"No Sara, I can't let you do this. If you kill him it will change you forever." Oliver said as he took the gun from her and shot Ivo in the head.

"Oh my God, Ollie what did you do?" Thea said.

"He thought that he was already a monster and he didn't want me to become one too. I think that is one of the things that we are going to have to do for him. Let him know that he is not a monster." Sara said and everyone nodded in agreement.

"I knew that it was smart to bring you here, because you have been through it as well. You are able to explain it to them better than we can." Conner said.

The four people who remained on the island then decided that they were going to try to break the submarine free so that they could get off the island and stop Slade as well. When they got on the submarine, they made sure that the sub had power and that it was usable.

"Do you think that you can use this sub, Anatoly?" Oliver asked.

"Yeah, I have used Russian sub so it shouldn't be to much different to drive a Japanese one." Anatoly said.

They turned the power on and tried to steer it out of the bay, but it was stuck on rocks. They went to find the plans for the sub so they could figure out a way to get the sub free.

"Could we use a torpedo to hit the rock and get us free?" Oliver asked.

"It could work. The only problem is that the torpedo needs to be steered manually." Anatoly said.

"What do you mean?" Oliver asked.

"Yeah, what does he mean?" Tommy asked.

"I have heard of these things before. The Japanese would put a man in the torpedo, and he would steer it." Diggle said.

"But that means that someone will have to die." Laurel said.

"Someone will have to get in the torpedo and steer it." Anatoly said.

"I will do it. I am already dying anyways." The other man said as he lifted his shirt, and everyone could see that he had radiation poisoning.

"I am sorry that happened to you." Sara said.