Chapter 9

Shinsou woke up to small hands shaking him, he didn't even remember falling asleep. " Shin. I had a bad dream, can I sleep with you? " Mika asked quietly. Shinsou rubs his eyes as he goes to speak but the muzzle only lets him let out a whimper. He was calmer than before since he didn't want to freak out Mika. He nodded his head and lifted the blanket from Mika as he climbed into the bed. Shinsou got out of bed and changed into a shirt and sweatpants before getting back into the bed. As soon as Shinsou was under the covers Mika clings to him and hides his face in Shinsou's chest with quiet sniffles. Shinsou wished he could talk so he could calm him down but he just rubbed his back softly and let out a little bit of his omega pheromones. Mika calmed down almost instantly and held Shinsou shirt in his small fist as he fell asleep. Shinsou looked at his beat up clock and it was only 2 am, he had four more hours until he had to wake up to cook breakfast. He glanced down at Mika and the boy's navy blue hair was in his face. Shinsou smiled a little as pushed his hair out of his face and he closed his eyes. He couldn't go back to sleep but he was comfortable.

His alarm went off and he turned it off before it would wake Mika. He carefully got out of bed so he didn't wake Mika. He went downstairs and made some omelettes for everyone then put it on the table. He grabbed an apple and snuck up to his room, he put the apple in his bag. He got dressed and went over to the bed to wake Mika. He shook him awake gently and Mika groaned as he stretched on the bed. He sat up as Shinsou pointed to the door hoping Mika would understand. Mika got out of bed and grabbed his hand since he was always clings to Shinsou for a day after a nightmare. Shinsou walked downstairs with him and sat at the table with Mika on his lap as Mika ate. Everyone one else joined and breakfast was done quickly.

The kids were ready to leave and headed to the door. Alba unlocked the muzzle on Shinsou. He let out a sigh and rubbed his cheeks slightly. He went to the bathroom first with Mika following close to him. Shinsou looked in the mirror and grimaced as he saw the small cuts left by the muzzle. He didn't want to put makeup over a fresh cut so he went to his room and grabbed a scarf even though it was warm out. He then left with the kids. " Shin, can you walk to school with us today please?" Mika asked, giving him puppy dog eyes. Shinsou checked his phone and bit his lip since he knew it would make him late for school. He also knew if he said no, Mika would probably cry. " fine only for today. Let's hurry " he said as he picked Mika up as he walked towards their school and Mia and Izumi held hands, walking beside him. He dropped them off and took off running to the train stop, his body was still sore from training yesterday. Just as he got there the train for his stop was leaving. He pant softly as he stopped and watched the train go. He cursed under his breath, just my luck he thought. He didn't have the time to wait for the next train. He made sure his bag was on before he decided to run the rest of the way to school. He made it onto the school ground twenty minutes later as panted heavily and the scarf wasn't helping him stay cool. He wiped the sweat of his face and when his breathing was semi normal he went to class.

He walked into the classroom nervously "your late" the teacher said. "Sorry Sensei. It won't happen again " Shinsou said since he didn't think it was the class business to know why he was late. " Next time you're late. I'm giving you detention " the teacher said as Shinsou sat down. He started to take notes and his stomach growls making him realize he didn't eat the apple that he was planning on doing during the train ride to school. No one really bothered him during class or at lunch since he went to his normal tree. He got to eat his apple then. He knew he should probably eat some more since he had training so he got up and went to the cafeteria. He got a sandwich before going back outside but some kid bumped into him which caused him to drop his sandwich." Hi!" He said as the kid ignored him and continued walking. Shinsou signed and picked up the sandwich then threw it away " that's a waste of money " he mumbled as the bell for the end of lunch went off. He finished the rest of the day with his head down then he went to ground beta after he changed into his gym uniform. "I heard you were late today why? " Aizawa said from his sleeping bag. Shinsou nodded his head and fidgeted with his scarf. Aizawa didn't push Shinsou to answer " okay start the mediation. It's going to be the same as yesterday" he said as Shinsou sat on the ground. As practice went on Aizawa noticed the scarf looked like it was causing Shinsou to over heat " we're almost done why don't you take the scarf off. I don't want you passing out on me " Aizawa said. Shinso hesitated before taking off the scarf and he prayed the cuts weren't too noticeable. When Aizawa didn't say anything Shinsou almost signed in relief.

Shinsou was laying on the ground panting as practice ended. His stomach growled angrily at him since all he had was an apple. He sat up sluggish " here. This should tide you over until dinner " Aizawa said as he tossed a jelly pack at him. Shinsou caught it and opened it "thanks " he said as he drank from it. Aizawa handed Shinsou a paper " I made you a diet so you could bulk up more " he said. " oh thanks " Shinsou said, looking at the paper, which he knew he couldn't follow but he didn't say anything. He collected his things and waved bye to Aizawa as he left the school. He yawns as he walks to work.