Chapter 7

Text
" okay" Shinsou said unsure as he looked up at Aizawa that was still covered in bandages. " you want to be in the hero course right? But you knew that you weren't going to pass the entrance exam that's why you applied for General studies as well" Aizawa said bluntly. " yeah so what. We can't help it for the things we want. " Shinsou said with a frown. " kid I heard about how you got your class to safely. Not everyone would do that. You have potential to be a hero, so if you really want to take it serious meet me tomorrow after school for training on ground beta " Aizawa said as he yawned and went to turn away since he had an appointment to get his bandages off. Shinsou tried to hide his smile " okay I'll be there!" He said. Shinsou watched Aizawa leave and pulled out his phone to text Yachi asking if it was okay for him to come into work late tomorrow, which she let him. There was barely anyone on campus so Shinsou decided that he should probably head home before he was questioned why he was still on the campus. He got up from the ground sluggishly and put his bag on his back as he started to walk home.

He took the train to his stop and on his way back to his place when he heard some bottles being knock over in an alley. "get the unlucky cat " said a voice from the alley. Shinsou stopped in his tracks and make his way over to the alley, he saw a groups of boys throwing rocks at a small black cat. " Hey knock it off " Shinsou said as he went into the alley and stood in front of the cat. " ah it's the control freak from the sport festival on tv " Said a boy with golden brown hair. He threw a rock at Shinsou face and the group took off running. Shinsou wince slightly as he felt the rock cut his cheek and it started to bleed. He signed as he squatted down and held his hand out to the cat " it's okay. Your okay " he said softly as the cat licked his hand. The cat looked to be fine. Shinsou saw a tag and a collar on the cat. He saw his name was Jellybean, and he flipped it over finding an address on it. He picked up the cat and held Jellybean to his chest as the cat purred and shivered. Shinsou followed the address to an apartment building close to the train station. Shinsou bites his lip as he walks in and he feels out of place. He looked at the cats tag again and went to the room number. He knocks on the door nervously since it has a strong scent of an alpha. He could also smell it was an alpha mated to an omega that lived here and surprisingly it made him feel welcome.

The door swung open and there stood present mic out of his hero uniform with his hair down "present mic" " Shinsou "they said together as they looked at one another. " um I found your cat outside. Some kids were throwing rocks at her "Shinsou said as he handed the cat over. "oh okay thank you" present mic said as he set the cat inside. "what happened to your cheek ?" Present mic said as he went to touch Shinsou's face to get a better look. Shinsou flinched a little as a gentle hand touched his cheek so Mic could look at the cut. " Um a kid threw a rock at me. I'll clean it up when I get home " Shinsou said. " nonsense come inside. I'll clean it. Thank you for being Jellybean back " Mic said as he pulled Shinsou inside and closed the door. "Sit on the couch, I'll be right back " Mic said, pointing to the living room and went down the hall. Shinsou took off his shoes and went over to the couch as Jellybean followed him. He took a seat and Jellybean jumped into his lap as another grey cat jumped on the couch beside him. He petted them softly as Mic came back in with a first aid kit. Mic sat on the coffee table and started to clean up the blood on his face. Shinsou didn't even wince as he petted the cat on his lap. " It looks like Blanket likes you. Normally he is too shy for guests' ' Mic said referring to the gray cat as he put a bandage on Shinsou cheek. " That's nice and thanks. I should get going " Shinsou said standing up as he set Jellybean on the couch. Mic walked him to the door " don't mention it. Thanks for helping my cat" he said as Shinsou put on his shoes and Aizawa came through the door without the bandages. " I'm home babe" he said softly. Shinsou stared for a second, not wanting to make it any more awkward, he left "bye" he said and started on his way home once again.

Finally after a ten minute walk, he made it home. His foster siblings were sitting at the table doing their homework. " Alba is not home yet, " Mai said, helping Mika, the youngest with his work. " Okay, I'll start dinner, " Shinsou said, taking off his shoes and went to his room. He put his back down and changed out of his uniform into a hoodie and sweatpants before going to the kitchen. He just finished making dinner when Alba came through the door with a lady hanging off of his arm. " boy! Make sure the kids eat and there is leftover but you can't eat since you did bad at the sports festival " Albe said as the lady tugged his shirt out of his pants, giggling. He led her upstairs and slammed the door. Shinsou cringed at the thought of them as he served the kids and turned the radio on to cover up any noise but not loud enough to make Alba mad. "Who is that shin?" Mika asked as he ate his rice. " just a friend of Alba " he said and once the kids were done he cleaned the kitchen and left two plates of food out. He made sure the kids were ready for bed and in their room before going to his room to finish his homework.