Homecoming Dance Practice

Start from the beginning

Then the faint sound of a piano could be heard, followed by a sweet heavenly voice. Singing about love in a slur of metaphors. Ned rubbed the back of his neck nervously.

"Well I guess you should probably learn how to dance to a slow song," Ned held out his other hand with a soft smile, not a teasing smirk and for a mere second, Peter felt as if Ned was simply asking him to dance to this song about love, as if it was meant for them.

"Uh for Liz, because um you know don't wanna step on her feet and all." Ned stumbled over his words breathlessly slipping in anything to cover his very clear mistake. Peter gulped before grabbing Ned's hand feeling another rush of heat course up his body.

"Yeah for Liz," Peter awkwardly chuckled and leaned closer into Ned's body. The were inches apart and Peter only wondered if Ned could hear his heat beat the way same way he heard his.

"So how about you be Liz and I'll be you, so I can show you what to do." Ned suggested with a little halfhearted smile.

"Yeah I'm definitely gonna need a play-by-play." Peter joked and Ned rolled his eyes.

"First, ask if you can hold her waist and if she says yes, then place your hands there and ask again if she is comfortable with the placement." Ned pulled his hands away from Peter's and held them at his sides. Peter felt like a little part of him just was cut away. Like a puzzle with one missing peice.

"Liz, can I put my hands on your waist for the dance." Ned said in a high pitched tone making sure to add many voice cracks to mimick Peter.

"I do not sound like that!" Peter squeaked and Ned folded in lips and his cheeks filled up with air as he tried to hold back laughter. Peter sighed and clicked his tongue.

"Are you gonna put your hands on my hips you not?" Peter raised one brow and crossed his arms.

"You are not very good at acting, Liz is much nicer than this." Ned laughed and slowly slid his hands down and around Peter's waist. His fingers almost touching between the small of his back. Peter froze and took in a sharp breath from the new feeling. Ned also seemed to be shocked, his hands only rested on Peter's side but he wished he could hold him tighter.

Ned cleared his throat and nervously shifted his neck.

"Is this okay?" Ned asked following the latter part of the first step of slow dancing. "Okay, this is, this is, this is fantastic!" Peter mentally screamed to himself, every part of his brain trying to function normally.

"Yeah it's okay." Peter simply replied, trying to keep his cool. Ned moved his hands up Peter's back and grabbed the spider teens hands, pulling them up and around his neck. Peter lost it when he could feel Ned's hair against his fingers. It was silky and all he wanted to do was take it fist fulls of it.

"Okay so now that hand placement is set and ready, you can get closer and Liz aka you in this situation can lay your head on my chest." Ned spoke like he was asking a question and not trying to teach Peter. But that didn't bother Peter, he moved forward and rested his head down on Ned's shoulder. He could hear his heart beat, it was faster than Peter's overthinking brain.

Peter could smell Ned's shampoo, it was fresh, welcoming, and warm. Just like the boy that was holding him. Their bodies pressed together, the soft notes causing them to sway side to side. It felt right, it felt better than anything Peter has felt before. Butterflies in his stomach and in his head. Everything just...fit. The last keys of the piano were played as the song faded away leaving the room with only the uneasy breaths of Peter and Ned.

Peter lifted his head and shifted his eyes to meet Ned's. Eyes wide, sparkling like a kid that was just informed that they were going to Disneyworld. Peter felt his body moving towards Ned's, closer than it was before.

"You know, this is the part we're you usually kiss your date." Peter whispered, parting his lips. Ned moved one hand from Peter's waist and cupped his cheek. Eyes now closed and lips seconds from being locked. Then Peter felt it, Ned's lips against his and it made his whole body turn to mush.

Ned pulled away and looked into Peter's eyes, those gorgeous brown eyes. He was hooked, shit was he screwed.

"Well that was good practice for you." Ned laughed breathlessly, trying to act like kissing his bestfriend and crush was no big deal.

"Yeah good practice." Peter pulled away from Ned and rubbed the back of his neck. It was awkward, they both knew what and who this dance practice was for...

"Maybe not enough practice, you know I think I need learn some more." Peter added with a little smile, Ned froze and understood the offer, the suggestion. It was wrong, they knew that. But it felt so right, it felt good, it felt free.

"I think so too, especially with the finale part of the dance."

"I guess I'll be back tomorrow, same time."

"Same time, you better bring snacks and then we can play Lego Star Wars."

Maybe this Homecoming Dance Practice might be more enjoyable than Peter thought.

A/N: What is this...I'm- ahhh, I hate it, kill it. It's like a bad Netflix original tv series or well a bad fanfic...welp

OMG THANK YOH FOR 17K WHAT IN THE WORLD!!!

Also:Wandavison Wa- Wandavison Wandavison 🧚‍♀️🌌Wandavison🌌🧚‍♀️

Requests are always open, because I have no creativity ;)