❀ reunion.

―(T_T)→

21

.21

Ino gasps as Kakuzu's hand reaches for the bird she traded birds with. "What happened? Are you alright?" Choji asks her, being concerned for his friend. "Oh man," she takes a deep breath. "That was close."

"Did they spot you?" Shikamaru asks and she looks at him. "I think we're okay."

"They're taking a different route, just as you predicted," Amaterasu looks at Shikamaru, impressed at how smart he is. "If we head northeast we'll run into them."

"Was Ami with them too?" Kakashi asks Ino, helping her stand up. "She was walking behind them, though she looked like she was limping, and she hands bandages on her arms." The adults look at each other before Amaterasu sighs. "Let's go."

-

"What the hell was that about?" Hidan asks while Kakuzu reattaches his arm. "It's nothing, nothing at all," Minami scoffs. "I wouldn't be surprised if you ate the bird alive, you're weird like that."

"I will kill you."

She giggles with a closed-eye smile. "But you can't." Hidan gives her a high five. "Pests," Kakuzu calls the both of them before walking ahead. Hidan eyes the bandages on his granddaughter's arms. "I told that emo kid not to train you, look at what he's done." Minami looks at her bandages, "Oh these? It isn't his fault."

"I'm the one who continued learning Jutsu's and making Jutsu's. For now, it reminds me of all the work I put into training in the last three days. Also! The rest of the members said they liked me, well, besides Kakuzu and Deidara but I don't really like Deidara. Maybe it's because he's a blonde."

Hidan ruffles her hair. "I don't like Deidara either, little shit thinks he's some big shot artist," they look at each other. "In his dreams!" They say in unison before laughing once again.

-

The three of them walk for about 10 minutes when Hidan and Kakuzu felt something creeping up behind them. "Hidan," Kakuzu calls. "I know," Hidan grabs Minami as they jump away from Shikamaru's shadow Jutsu. "What the?" Hidan mutters once a paper bomb heads his way.

He turns around to cover his granddaughter, only to find out she's disappeared. The bomb exploded, the heat hitting his bareback. "Watch out for the shadows," Kakuzu warns him as Hidan starts to panic.

Not deciding to worry, Hidan gets smug. "Ha, we won't fall for that trick again!" Kakuzu looks above and his eyes widen. "More paper bombs, Hidan watch out," Shikamaru throws the chakra blades with a paper attached to them, targeting their shadows instead.