❀ confronting the enemy.

(ノ' з ')ノ

07

.07

It's the second to last day that Kakashi has to gather intel in the village. He's found 10 bodies and hasn't found the murderer.

Wearing his Anbu attire he jumps from tree to tree, trying to find the last bit of information he needs. Hearing a blood curling scream far ahead Kakashi stops in his tracks. "I finally found you," he mutters to himself before jumping off the tree and running toward the scream.

Kakashi enters a clearing with a kunai in each of his hands. Someone hauntingly giggles, the noise bounces off the trees making her location hard to find. 

"That is an ugly cloak you have there, did you make it out of a potato sack or something? Honestly," she laughs out while looking down at him from on top of a tree. 

Amaterasu eyes his calm composure, making her smile falls. 'This person is going to be a handful, especially since they're Anbu' she thinks bitterly. Luckily for her, she was still in her transformation after her last sacrifice. She's unrecognizable.

Jumping off the branch she was lurking from she lands on her feet behind him. "Were you sent for me?" She sneers out in a demonic tone. 'If he was staying in the village he might recognize my real voice.'

Kakashi turns around to face her. "Ugh, that stupid mask is going to bother me, want me to take it off for you?" She asks before throwing a smirk his way. 

He doesn't respond with words, Kakashi disappears from in front of her to reappear from behind. Taking his kunai and shoving it into her back through her heart. "I was given orders not to fight, but never not kill."

He throws her body to the ground and she falls face first. The red velvet dress she was wearing lifted up a little bit to reveal a glowing red tattoo. Jashin's symbol.

Kakashi scoffs before turning around and walking away. Then he hears a groan of pain, "Ow...that FUCKING HURTS!" Amaterasu stands up and pulls the kunai out of her back. 

Kakashi instantly stands with his kunai close to his mask. 'If she was staying in the village, my hair is going to be a dead giveaway, I have to leave,' Kakashi puts away his kunai before retreating.

"Hey come back here! I'm going to kill you!"

-

She goes under a transformation after licking the blood of her prey. From a witness, she normally has brown hair, and after licking the blood her hair floats above her head and turns a vivid red.

 Her skin also undergoes a transformation by turning into a black and white skeleton. She then stabs herself anywhere on her body, making the same wound appear on her opponent. 

That is why she licks their blood to connect their bodies. Her opponent will die but she will heal and continue onto her next kill. Not even a stab through her heart will she die.

"That's all I got on her," Kakashi mutters while reading his notebook. Throwing his head back with a sigh he closes his notebook before laying on his bed. He grabs the pillow before shoving it into his face. "I didn't expect her to be immortal," he mutters into his pillow.

A knock on his door brings him to his feet. "Kakashi, you in there?" Amaterasu's voice was heard from the other side of the door. Quickly jumping onto his feet his rushes towards the door and reaches for the doorknob.

"Wait," he mutters and he looks in the small mirror on the wall. Kakashi forgot to cover up his Sharingan and scar. "Hmm, I thought I heard something in there, my minds probably making stuff up," he hears her mutter and then her walking away.

Kakashi rests his forehead on the door before closing his eyes. "Sorry Tera," he whispers before going to the bathroom. 

-

"Amaterasu?" She hears Kakashi's voice from in front of her. She looks up from her cup of tea. "Uh, hi?" She mutters as the handsome man sits in front of her. "Sorry for not opening the door earlier, I was changing," he apologizes with a clean lie. Tera hums before giving him a sharp nod.

"I understand, I mean you saw me changing and it would've been fair if you would have opened the door," and she's back. Kakashi's face turns pink, "Can we please move on from that?"

She giggles and an elderly man offers him some tea. He leans his chin on his palm and he gazes at her, almost as if he's admiring her. Amaterasu looks at him with a fading smile, "Why are you looking at me like that?" She asks him softly before sipping on her drink.

"Because I love you."

"Pfffttt," Amaterasu spits her drink and starts to cough. "Are you okay?" Kakashi asks her, concerned for her wellbeing. 

"Yeah, just dying for a second, you know?" She catches a breath before sighing once more. "D-do you mean that? Is that what the sparks meant?" Kakashi gently grabs her hands. "You love me and I love you too," he clarifies for her. Amaterasu's eyes widen before pulling away from him slowly.

"But...you're leaving, I'm leaving, these feelings are just for now and you'll find someone better than me," she mumbles tiredly as the heart in her chest beats twice as fast. Kakashi chuckles while resting his elbows on the table and inching his face towards her. "Come to my home with me."

"No offense but I don't want to go to the Hidden Stone." Oh right, his lie. Kakashi clears his throat, "Then we'll make a new life together...in the Hidden Leaf. I know many people from there so we'll fit right in."

Amaterasu looks at him in shock. 'He'll leave his village for me? He wants to make a new life...with me. Kakashi loves me and I love him. I want to start a new life with him,' she thinks as she admires him herself. 

"Let's start a life together then, I won't go to the land of whirlpools, I'll go with you, wherever you want to go," she confesses out of the blue and it was Kakashi's turn to be shocked. "You'll stop your journey for me?" 

"If it means loving you forever I will."