❀ she was dead.

:'(

.19

Izumo finds Kakashi, "Lady Tsunade wants to speak to you," he tells him. Naruto looks at Izumo in confusion before looking at his sensei.

Kakashi eyes Izumo's serious face before looking down at Naruto. "Captain Yamato will keep an eye on you, I'll be right back," Naruto nods while Kakashi walks off with Izumo.

"What happened?" He asks Izumo, a bunch of questions itching to come out. "Asuma's in the hospital, he's okay, but you can visit him later," Izumo informs him as they arrive at the Hokage's office in a flash.

"Lady Tsunade," Izumo knocks while opening the door. Kakashi enters the room, seeing Shikamaru and the Hokage.

"Thank you Izumo, you can go." Izumo bows his head before leaving, closing the door behind him. "What's this about?"

Tsunade eyes him warily. "Asuma's platoon encountered the Akatsuki who killed Chiriku. Your daughter was with them," she says slowly, letting the words seep into Kakashi.

"We underestimated these criminals. One of them...Hidan was about to kill Asuma when Minami got in the way," Shikamaru looks at the ground.

Kakashi's whole mood has shifted, suddenly feeling a dark cloud over him. "Minami, she was dead for a minute before coming back to life," Shikamaru continues. "She saved Asuma's life but she voluntarily left with them."

Tsunade gives Kakashi a harsh stare, "Asuma's state is critical but he's going to survive. Now Asuma gave me a surprising fact before being admitted to the hospital. Minami is the granddaughter of the Akatsuki member Hidan. Did you know about this?"

"No," Kakashi says, "I didn't know. I knew that her mother had a father somewhere but assumed he was gone." Tsunade leans back into her chair.

"This Akatsuki member is immortal, his partner is a superhuman with incredible strength and speed. New intel has come in with the location of Amaterasu Hamada, finish your training with Naruto, then capture her if we want a shot to take the Akatsuki down."

"You want her to join us?" He asks slowly, feeling a bit empty. "I want her to be apart of this village, I want to give her the chance she deserves."

"She'll be glad to."

-

Kakashi knocks on the hospital room door before opening it. He sees Guy and Kurenai sitting beside Asuma's bedside. "Kakashi," Asuma mutters, seeing his friend drag himself into the room. "I'm sorry I couldn't bring her back."