❀ aunt kurenai.

(→_→)

02

.02

Minami Hatake watches as Kira Inuzuka throws Moegi to the ground. "Jeez, poor Moegi," a boy mutters. "I'll say, she's really getting her ass kicked," another boy mutters. Minami shakes her head and Iruka sensei helps Moegi stand up. "You two did well but Kira won this round," Iruka sensei says and the two girls shake hands.

"Good, now, Kurai and Minami, you're up," Iruka calls and Minami sighs before walking towards the center. Both of them stand away from each other and Iruka looks at them before saying begin. Kurai picks up his hands, "Mind Transfer Jutsu!" He yells and Minami freezes as Kurai's body falls to the floor.

In her head, Minami and Kurai stand across from each other and she glares at him. "Get out of my head!" She punches him right out of her. At the speed of light, she runs at him, instantly throwing a fist towards his head. 

He moves in the nick of time, making her hit the dirt. Kurai uses his legs to push her away, he stands up with his fists, ready to fight some more.

She smirks, swiping his legs from under him and he falls back once more.

"Okay, okay, stop, Minami wins!" Iruka sensei tells everyone and she extends a hand towards Kurai. He blushes before taking it, "That jutsu you pulled was pretty gutsy Kurai if you perfected if you might've won for sure," she tells him honestly.

"T-thank you, and you're r-really strong," he comments and they both look at the damages she's done to the ground.

-

"Finally, our last pair, Konohamaru and Udon! Come on up you two," Iruka sensei calls out and the two best friends walk toward the center. Minami rolls her eyes at the two of them. 'This fight will end quickly, they know each other's strong points and weaknesses,' she thinks to herself. 

"Begin," Iruka sensei says and Konohamaru runs towards Udon...who is covering his face in fear. "Alright, alright," Iruka calls, "I can already tell where this is going to end. Udon put more effort next time okay?"

Minami smirks toward Konohamaru as he stands next to her. "Shut up," he mutters and she giggles. "I didn't say anything." He crosses his arms, "I can tell just by looking at your face."

Minami walks out of the academy doors, catching a familiar person's face. "Hey Minami, want to go to Ichiraku's today? I owe you one," Konohamaru asks and she looks at him. "Sorry, loser, not today." She walks towards the person.

"Hey, Aunt Kurenai, what are you doing here?" Minami asks her godmother as she holds onto her satchel. "I came to pick you up, I'm treating you to dinner, you like that?" She says as she extends her hand. Minami smiles and takes Kurenai's hand. "I like it, barbeque right?"

"Of course, where else would we go?" The two of them walk into the village hand in hand as they head for the restaurant. 

"How was school today?" She asks, Minami mentally groans. "It's just the second day and I'm already tired of it. Iruka sensei paired the class up and we had to fight them. I was paired up with Yamanaka, he's pretty cute but that's all he has as of now," she disses her partner. Kurenai shakes her head

The two of them enter the restaurant and take a booth. "You're just like your father, brutally honest, I assume you made some kids cry at school?"

"You assumed right," Minami smirks, her aunt Kurenai pinches her cheek. A waiter walks to the table and Kurenai orders for the two of them. 

"Aunt Kurenai," she calls and the red-eyed woman hums. "Is my dad okay? I-I don't want this to be something to distract me to only break some bad news."

Kurenai looks at the young girl in shock, a little picture of young Kakashi entered her mind before looking at his daughter.

 "No, no, I believe your dad's fine, still on his mission. I knew you were in school now and I came back from a mission earlier. I wanted to catch up, that's all," she informs the young girl.

The food was brought to them along with a small stove. As Kurenai makes the meat the two females make small talk. "Wait wait wait," Kurenai chuckles out. "So Asuma's nephew kisses you by accident on the first day of school?" She laughs out and Minami's face turns red.

"That annoying brat is uncle Asuma's nephew?" Minami leans back. "Tell dad that and I'll break into your house and steal all of your books. Only then I will set them on fire," Minami threatens Kurenai with a serious face.

"Alright, I won't tell Kakashi but still, I think the two of you will be very cute," Minami gags at the thought of her and Konohamaru. "Please, I'm trying to eat," she whines. Kurenai smiles down at the girl she helped grow up.

Once done eating the two of them walk alongside the little lake. Minami looks at the sunset with a longing face. "Aunt Kurenai, can you tell me about my mother?" Minami asks without looking at her. "Your mother, hm, I'm sorry Ami. I never met the woman, in fact, I know nothing about her."

"Oh," Minami hangs her head low and her white hair hides her face well. "If you did know, would you have told me?"

Kurenai gently moves Minami's hair out of her face. "Where's this coming from?" She asks the young girl. "I ask dad and he always shuts me down. I just want to know who she was, like, in what way am I apart of her besides blood...you know?" She says sadly as her body grows cold from the new night's wind.

Kurenai hugs her godchild. "Come on, I'll walk you home."

-

"Let's see," Kurenai begins as she makes Minami some tea. "You obviously have your mother's eyes, big and light brown."

'I already knew that,' Minami thinks quietly as she blows on her tea a bit. "First let me think about what's different between you and your father. I grew up with him so that part will be a bit easy." Kurenai thinks as she walks to sit down. "Well, actually you're a carbon copy of him."

Minami's smile begins to fall. "Right," she whispers before standing up. "Ami," Kurenai starts, and Minami yawns.

 "Um, I think I'm going to go sleep, you can finish your tea here if you want," Minami mutters before running into her room and closing her door. "Wait, Ami!" The young girl locks the door.

She rubs her eyes before any tears can escape. "Do I even have a mother?"