❀ minami hatake.

(╯︵╰,)

11

.11

10 months later

It's a rainy night and other than the harsh rain and thunderous sky it was calm in the village. To every citizen, it seems like a normal day with no problems at all.

The Hokage thinks differently. The power cut off and he looks up from his papers. "Lord Third, the light will be back shortly!" He hears a shinobi say through the other side of the door. Hiruzen stands and his window opens.

Not turning around he holds his hands behind his back. "Y-you're the Hokage," a woman says and just by hearing her, you can tell she was exhausted. "And who are you?" He asks and looking at the door. He hears a baby coo, which made him turn around.

A woman on her knees and her head down. There was a baby wrapped in a sweater in front of her. "Please, take care of her, she's the only good thing I made in my life. I-I can't take care of her and I can't face her father, please...take her to him," she begs as her shaky hands caress the baby girl's cheek.

"Who's her father?" He asks as he looks down at the child. "Kakashi...Hatake," she replies, trying to catch her breath. "I already gave her a name...Minami Hatake, my light, my daughter, I want her to have a life full of joy and happiness. Unlike how I have lived." Tera takes off her necklace that had the Jashin symbol, placing it on Minami's stomach.

"And what's your name?" The Hokage asks the woman and she looks at him. "Amaterasu Hamada," her voice came out croaky and sad. "You're supposed to be in prison," he tells her softly and she hangs her head low.

"I know but once I found out I was pregnant I had to make sure she was in a safe place."

Grabbing Minami and holding her close as she stands up. "Please, take her." She hands him the baby and she feels her heart breaking for the second time in her life.

"Where will you go?"

The sky roared making Minami cry. Hiruzen looks down at the child before looking up. Amaterasu disappears and the light turns on. "Lord Third, you okay?" His son enters the office and his eyes widen at the baby in his arms.

"Uh...ok?"

-

Kakashi slides the door to the hospital room quietly as instructed by Lord Third. He had just gotten back from a mission and instantly Kotetsu and Izumo had told him to go to the hospital.

His eyes widen as Lord Third, Ibiki, and Ino-Shika-Cho hover over a baby. "Uh, is this the right room?" He asks and he closes the door once Hiruzen tells him to over there. 

"Kakashi, I have something important to tell you," he starts and Kakashi stands next to Ibiki. He glances down at the sleeping child, not going to lie, it does look cute.

"10 months ago we had a case of an immortal being murdering innocents, then was sent away to prison. Amaterasu Hamada," he starts and Kakashi visibly freezes. "She broke out of prison to meet me in my office. Hamada was holding this child, claiming it was Kakashi's daughter." Everyone stares at Kakashi in shock.

"Come to mention, Amaterasu did mention living here with someone 'wonderful', was that you Kakashi?" Ibiki asks him but Kakashi doesn't answer, he stares at the sleeping baby below him. "She's running from a team of Anbu I sent out and we haven't found her. Hamada has completely disappeared."

"I called you 4 here because you were apart of her case and the ones who escorted her to the prison," he adds before looking back to Kakashi.

"She did, however, told me that she wants her child to be safe and be in the care of you, Kakashi. We've tested yours and her DNA and it's positive, what do you say? Will you take care of her?" Lord Third asks him and the baby yawns, slowly opening up her eyes. Amaterasu's eyes. "Aw, she is pretty cute," Inoichi says and the others nod.

Kakashi extends his finger and she looks at him with curiosity. Her small and chubby hand wrap around his finger with a shriek and giggle. He couldn't help but smile at her. "Of course I will," he answers finally. He looks up at Hiruzen, "Does she have a name?"

"Hamada told me it was Minami Hatake." Minami extends both her arms up while looking at Kakashi. He looks up at Hiruzen who shrugs and motions for him to pick up the girl. I mean, it isn't his kid.

"She's your daughter Kakashi, you don't need permission to pick her up," The Hokage tells him and Kakashi gently picks her up. "Min-ah-me," Kakashi tires out. "Minami Hatake, it's perfect."

-

Kakashi hears a knock on his door and he walks over to open it. There stood Guy, Asuma, and Kurenai. "What's up Kashi? It isn't like you to call us for help," Kurenai says and Kakashi invites them inside. "Well," he rubs the back of his neck, laughing nervously. "I have a daughter and I just found out?"

His three childhood friends stare at him in shock. Guy suddenly bursts out laughing. "Guy! Shh!" Kakashi panics and then they hear a baby cry. They all freeze as Kakashi heads into his room to come back out holding a teary-eyed baby girl.

"Oh my gosh!" Kurenai squeals and she rushes over to see the baby. "But...how did this happen?" Asuma asks him as both Guy and Kurenai look at the baby with heart eyes. "It's a long story," he mutters and Guy starts jumping.

"Can I be the godfather?" He asks while raising his hand. "That's going to be Asuma," Kakashi says and Asuma high-fives him before looking at the baby. "Can I be the godmother?" Guy asks with a pout. "That's going to be me," Kurenai said.

"That's going to be her," Kakashi confirms. Guy turns depressed before smiling, "Can I be the second godfather slash best uncle in the world?"

Kakashi rubs his temple with one hand. "Sure Guy."

"Yes!"

Minami coos at her father's friends and they all smile down at her. "What's her name?" Asuma asks Kakashi. "Minami," Kakashi answers and Kurenai caresses the girl's cheek. "So what did you need help with?"

"Uh well, I don't know what I need for her. You see, I have never taken care of anyone but myself," he confesses honestly. "Well," Asuma starts. "We're in for a hell of a ride."