❀ crushing.

(。・//ε//・。)

09

.09

Slowly stirring, Minami slightly stretches in her bed as she begins to wake up. Feeling something warm beside her she cuddles into it. "You're holding me too tight," she hears someone whisper. 

"What the fu-frick frack diddily snack!" Minami yells before looking at an innocent-looking Konohamaru. "What the- what's wrapped around me?" She stands up, frantically waving her arms in the air as she tries to untangle herself from a long blue scarf.

"Do you need help?" Konohamaru asks her while rubbing his eyes tiredly. "I don't need help! Get out of my room, what are you doing in my bed? I thought you were sleeping on the floor you rooster face!" Minami sneers before throwing the scarf in his face.

"It was uncomfortable," he mumbles shyly. "Yeah well- ugh!" With a flustered look on her face, she calms herself down. "D-do...you want breakfast?"

He scratches the back of his head awkwardly before nodding. He follows her to the kitchen and she hands the shorter boy two bowels and two spoons. "We're eating cereal, take it or leave it," Minami mutters before picking up a box and taking out some milk.

"I-I'm fine with cereal," he stutters with a blush forming. "Good, c'mon." Sitting down, both of them serve themselves cereal. "S-s-so, is this kinda like a date?" Konohamaru asks her with a nervous smile. Minami chokes on milk as she realizes what Konohamaru just said.

"A date? In what world is eating cereal a date? Jeez no wonder the only girl that likes you is your mom," she savagely tells him, continuing to eat her cereal. "My mom isn't the only one! D-don't you like me?"

Minami scoffs, pointing her spoon towards him. "As a human being, sure, but do I like-like you? Huh, keep dreaming loser," Konohamaru turns red. "Well, I like-like you," he whispers, Minami continues to eat, glancing away from her bowl. "You say something?"

"No!"

"You're weird, loser."

The two kids decided to walk towards the training grounds after eating. Shuriken practice and kunai practice will make their skills perfect. 

"You've been hanging out with Kurai lately. Do you have a crush on him or something?" Konohamaru asks her, looking away with his arms crossed thinking he's looking cool. "No, no, no. Jeez loser, don't you know me at all? I don't have time for gross things like that."

He glances at Minami, "Crushes aren't supposed to be gross," he defends, trying to not deflate his own feelings. Minami throws her shuriken at the large tree trunk. "Look, why do you care about who I like, I like no one, do I have to keep reminding you? What answer do you want me to give you? I'm 9, not looking for a soulmate."