❀ busy dad.

(„ಡωಡ„)

08

.08

1 year later

"Keep your heads up!" Iruka sensei instructs as Kira and Minami spar in front of the class.

"You can do it, Minami!"

"Yeah Minami! You're so much better than her!"

The two girls hear the cheering going on for Minami, Kira felt her insides give out as no one believes she can do it. "Come on Kira," Minami whispers, noticing the hurt look on her opponent's face. "S-shut up hothead," Kira sneers.

Minami throws kicks at Kira's stomach and at the same time she throws punches at Kira's face. Falling onto the ground in defeat everyone cheers for Minami, who extends her hand towards Kira. The Inuzuka slaps it away before going off, everyone stares at her back.

"Iruka sensei, can I be excused?" Minami asks her teacher, who nods.

-

Minami runs towards the park, where she knows Kira usually goes. Hearing sniffs Minami becomes guilty. "Kira?" She calls and the sniffing stops. "W-what do you want hothead?" Kira asks with a glare. Minami sits on the open swing beside her.

"Are you okay?"

"Does it look like I'm freaking okay? Jeez, you need to get your eyes checked!" Kira sneers before looking away sadly. "I'm a mess," she admits.

The young Hatake sighs before giving her a smile. "Kira," she starts. "I admire you so much, you know that?" The newly turned 9-year old says. 

Kira eyes her suspiciously. "How so?" Letting out a breath, Minami starts to swing. "For one, you ignore all the mean things the others have to say. Second, you always stand up for yourself against the upperclassmen who think they are better than you when in reality they haven't even graduated."

Minami faces her. "Also, your taijutsu skills are pretty good, I mean, not as good as my uncle Guys or his pupils, but still...you're pretty good. I mean," Minami jumps off the swing before standing in front of her. "What else should I expect out of my rival?"

Kira stands up with her arms crossed, facing Minami, "Thank you." Ami's eyes widen at the words. "U-uh what?"

Kira blushes, looking the other way. "T-thank you...for running after me and telling me those things, rival," Kira faces her again, extending her hand. Minami shakes it, "Anytime, rival, but don't expect me to go easy on you after this, you beat me once you're ready."

With a scowl, Kira pushes her hand away. "And let's not forget, just because we're rivals, doesn't mean we're friends," both girls agree to that.

Ever since the end of last year when Kira, Minami, and Kurai spent time together. Things have calmed down between the two girls. At first glance, you could almost say that they are friends rather than rivals. 

-

"I'm home!" Minami shouts while taking off her shoes and putting them away. Walking towards her room slowly she hears nothing. 'Old man must not be here yet,' she thinks before heading inside her room to change. 

Minami stirs some soup, starting on dinner by herself. Lately, Kakashi has been helping Naruto train with captain Yamato. Sometimes he spends day and night in the training grounds because Naruto is that persistent.

Letting the soup boil she covers it before sitting down, continuing her homework. A few knocks were heard on the door, Minami stands up, walking towards the door slowly.

Sakura stood there before her with a basket in her hands. "Hi, Mina!" She says so enthusiastically causing the younger girl to cringe. "What are you doing here?"

"I was making some food pills for Naruto, Kakashi sensei, and Captain Yamato. I have some leftovers so I decided to give some to you. Food pills are good if you want to grow up big and strong!" Minami eyes the food pills.

"They look poisonous, no thank you," Minami mutters before shutting the door on Sakura's face before checking out her unpoisonous-looking soup.

She turns off the stove and begins to serve herself. First soup and then another bowl full of rice. "Thank you for the food," she whispers to herself before picking up a spoon. Out of nowhere, a knock at the door stops her.

"Are you shitting me right now?" She whispers bitterly. Standing up she walks towards the door, opening it with a bitter look on her face. One that faded away quickly. "Konohamaru," she says with a shocked tone. "W-what are you doing here?" She asks him.

Rubbing the back of his neck his face turns a bit pink. "I-I wanted to check up on y-you since we haven't been h-hanging out recently," he stutters out awkwardly. Minami slightly smiles at him. "Well thank you, I'm fine by the way. Um," she moves out of the way, letting him in. 

Konohamaru enters her house and Minami closes the door behind him. "Did you have to come at this hour? Normally kids our age have curfews," Minami mentions as Konohamaru puts away his shoes in a cubby.

"If I'm being honest, I couldn't stop thinking about you all day. I haven't seen you since you ran after Kira," he confesses shyly. Minami giggles softly, grabbing his hand, "You hungry? I just finished making dinner," she tells him while leading him to the table.

"I haven't eaten-"

"Good! Then you can eat with me, sit down, I'll serve you."

-

Kakashi enters the house quietly, noticing the lights are off and the place was clean. 'She must be sleeping,' he thought as he takes off his shoes. Picking up his shoes he places them in a cubby. "Hm?" His eyes wander to an unfamiliar pair of shoes.

"Is someone over?" He asks himself before quietly rushing into Minami's room.

Kakashi looks down, no light was coming from her room. He slowly opens her door, seeing Konohamaru and Minami in the bed sleeping soundly. Minami's arms are wrapped around Konohamaru's waist and her face was shoved into his back.

Kakashi slightly smiles at the picture. Picture! Kakashi quickly looks for his camera before walking back to his daughter's room. "She's going to hate me for this," he tells himself before taking a few pictures.