Chapter Twenty Four

Mulai dari awal

"What would you like for me to write?" She asked quietly, staring down at the parchment in front of her.

"I will successfully take part in fulfilling my purpose when the time comes." She said, and Val looked up at her quickly, a slightly terrified look on her face. "Is something the matter, dear?"

"No." She shook her head. She went to writing, wondering what it meant. All the wrong people were mentioning this purpose of hers. Umbridge, Lucius, her father... She just wrote and wrote, feeling the sharp burning in her hand as the words were carved into her skin. After a while, blood began to drip down the side of her hand. She ignored the pain as best as she could, not wanting to give Umbridge the satisfaction. She just kept writing, for what seemed like hours. She assumed Umbridge was trying to burn the sentence into her mind, making her more prone to do whatever it was when the time came. The parchment kept renewing every time she finished a page. Just when she was about to crack, Umbridge finally let her go. It was just a bit before curfew. She rushed to the Prefect's bathroom, going to wash her hand off before the others saw it. It had already begun to scar over terribly. She ridded herself of the dried blood and hurried to get back to her dormitory before it got later. Prefects were allowed to be out a bit later than others, but still. Today was just a really off day.

"Val?" Draco asked as he saw her walking down the hall. She looked over at him quickly. "Hey! I was looking all over for you. Where have you been?"

"Detention." She answered simply as he began walking next to her. He grabbed her hand instantly, taking a look at it. He couldn't really make out what it said, leading him to believe she'd been writing for a very long time.

"My father's going to hear about this—" He muttered angrily, but she stopped him.

"No. There's nothing your father can do when it comes to Umbridge. Just leave it alone." She shook her head.

"Sometimes I think it's as if you feel you deserve punishment." He gave her a look. "Come on, let's go back to my dorm. I have something to help with the pain."

She followed him as he led them into his dormitory. She sat down on his bed and he dug through a drawer until he found a vial filled with some sort of cream. He took her hand and began applying it gently. It instantly took away the stinging in her hand, and the cream smelt nice. "Draco, I have to tell you something."

"What is it?" He glanced up at her worried expression before getting up and placing the vial back in the drawer.

"Do you remember when we first met, that dinner with your parents?" She asked, and he nodded. "Your father spoke of some purpose I have."

"I don't know what he was speaking of." He shrugged.

"No, I don't either, but... Umbridge made me write: I will successfully take part in fulfilling my purpose when the time comes. Whatever it is, I don't understand why she would know about it." She shook her head, looking down at her hands.

"It doesn't matter." He assured her quickly. "It doesn't matter what they've planned for you. You can make decisions for yourself."

"But what if this is something I have no choice in?" She whispered.

"Then, we'll get through it together." He decided. She just leaned into his chest, hoping that the future didn't have such terrible things in store for them. She knew better than to hope for that, though.

For the next few weeks, Val and Draco couldn't stay away from each other. They would find themselves going to breakfast, lunch, and dinner together. They began to sit next to one another in every class. They studied together, walked together, did everything together. They were practically inseparable. Val was allowing herself to give into him completely. She trusted him with her life, and would do anything for him. He felt the exact same way. Everyone was overjoyed to see them together. They were always smiling and laughing, always so happy. That was the way they wanted to see their friends. No one had ever seen them look like that before, so in love. Everyone wished they could have what they have.