yena pouted and crossed her arms. "why not?"

"because...he's weird."

"huh, how?"

"i don't know, he just seems weird and very different from my ideal type."

"ideal types are so last century jiyeon. you basically just go out with someone who makes you laugh and smile." heejin joined the conversation. "my dad is going to kill me when he finds out i'm dating someone who only makes me put a temporary smile. "besides," she paused, grabbing her bag and fixed her chair, "he makes me stressed and pisses me off moment after a moment."

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

"where is he?" jiyeon sighed. it's been 20 minutes and there was still no sign of jungwon. as much as she wanted to stand up and leave, her grade is depending on her patience. therefore she decided to wait for just another hour for him before she actually leaves.

finally, she heard a bell ringing coming from the door in which there entered jungwon. he was still in his school uniform. maybe he was late because she was in charge of cleaning for today.

"wow you finally decided to show up." she sarcastically said as she took a sip from her coffee.

jungwon ignored her and sat at the opposite side. "at least i actually did show up. some guys would have just stood you up and made you wait for hours." he scoffed trying to brighten up the mood between the two of them. "just to remind you, we aren't going on a date, this is for the school."

"if you say so." he shrugged his shoulders and went to use his phone to mind his own business.

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

"hey jungwon, can you pass me that marker near your bag?" jiyeon pointed towards him. he looked to his side and pushed the tiny object to the other end and it rolled onto jiyeon's hand.

jiyeon mouthed a 'thank you' and went back to writing.

just a few minutes later, she felt something odd. "why are you staring at me?" she finally looked up.

"have you ever had an ex-boyfriend before?" jungwon asked, completely ignoring her question. "why do you care?" the girl curiously questioned, slowly earning interest.

"screw that question. have you ever dated anyone before?"

jungwon waited for her to answer. she noticed her fiddling with her fingers. "yeah, i guess."

"so you are dating right now—"

"i'm not dating him anymore."

"so you do have an ex?"‏‏‎ ‎

"maybe— ugh, i don't know.." jiyeon kept on stuttering, not knowing how to answer his question.
"you're confusing. you don't know if you broke up with your boyfriend or not?"

"it's hard to explain jungwon.." jiyeon sighed and focused back on her project. jungwon hasn't moved and kept staring at her, chin rested on his palm.

jiyeon felt his eyes on her. she knew that he wouldn't leave him alone if she answered him with an answer that actually made sense. "fine, to come in conclusion, i am not dating anyone." she said, giving in.

jungwon let out a smile. "really?"

"yeah obviously. i wouldn't have said that if i was joking." she rolled her eyes.

"are you ever interested in dating someone again—"

"nope. not now, not ever." jiyeon quickly cut him off. she didn't want jungwon to talk about that topic she was lowkey sensitive about.

"it's not like i want to be a nun, it's just that it's hard to trust people—"

"what if i ask you out?" jungwon stopped her from speaking and pulled her wrist, their faces only inches apart. "what?" jiyeon choked once she heard that.

a sentence she never wanted to heard again.

"go out with me if you really moved on."

"what— are you okay? we only just met days ago, i don't even know simple facts about you."

jungwon's grip tightened around her tiny wrist. "that's the point of having dates, jiyeon."

"well, now that you mentioned it..." jiyeon paused and showed and small smile. jungwon noticed that, having his hopes up. she felt her inching closer and..

"no."

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•