"It will place a barrier on the armor," Miroku said, referring to an impressive suit of armor on display inside the castle. "This armor used and was made from the shell of the meioujuu. Once it's been returned, it's likely the meioujuu's power will be complete."

"And it will be stronger than it was before...?" The attendant asked.

"Yeah, and that will be a bit of a problem," Sango said.

'But before, we fought it off with Kongōsōha...' Kagome thought.

Outside, a giant black cloud appeared over the castle.

"It... It's here!" said one of the soldiers.

"The black youkai cloud!" said another.

"Raimeihou!!" the meioujuu roared, unleashing a powerful attack of spheres of black lightning.

"!" Inuyasha said. "Hah!" He dodged the attack as some of them struck the ground. "Kaze no Kizu!!" He unleashed his own attack, canceling out the rest.

"Damn you..." the meioujuu said.

"Asshole! Get the hell down here!" Inuyasha yelled. Sango, Miroku, and Kagome came outside.

"Where has my armored shell been hidden... It is nowhere to be seen..." the meioujuu said.

"The barrier's working," Sango said.

"Although our own attacks can't get to it..." Inuyasha said. "And this matter ain't being settled!"

"Oh, really now," a young male youkai with his dark hair pulled back in a ponytail said. "I'll lend a hand, then." Byakuya held up a couple pieces of paper shaped like people. He blew them from his hand.

"All of you, be on your guard," the attendant said urgently.

"Right," the soldiers guarding the armor said. The two pieces of paper slipped into the room. One headed straight for the dish of salt, but it burned up when it hit the barrier.

"Not working, huh?" the youkai said. "In that case..." he made the other piece of paper stick to the back of the neck of one of the soldiers.

"!" the attendant said, startled when the soldier left his station and knocked over the salt. "Wha... What are you doing!? The barrier will be broken..."

Outside, the dark cloud swirled.

"I see it!" the meioujuu said. He shot down through the castle roof in a bolt of lightning.

"!" Inuyasha said. The meioujuu stood on top of the wreckage, pulling the armor into his mouth with his tongue.

"The armor..!" Sango said. The meioujuu ate it.

"I've taken it back... my armored shell..." the meioujuu said.

"Well, then. I'm outta here," Byakuya said. "!" He was startled to realized Sesshoumaru was right behind him. Sesshoumaru swiped at him with his claws. Byakuya just barely managed to get out of the way.

"Gyah!!" he yelled as the tree he had been standing next to was felled. Katsumi appeared in front of him. She slashed her sword at him, but again, he dodged. "That was close..." Byakuya said, landing on the roof of a nearby building. Sesshoumaru and Katsumi followed him.

"Ah..." Kagome said, looking up at them.

"!" Inuyasha said. "Byakuya and... Sesshoumaru and Katsumi!?"

"Well, damn," Byakuya said. "Do you always try to kill someone so suddenly?"

"We could smell Naraku's scent from you," Sesshoumaru said. "That's all the reason we need."