Tea with a Friend.

As soon as Lucie let go of Hagrid, she made her was to the stove and began to make tea for them both.

"So Lucie, how ya been?" Hagrid asked with concern lining his voice, it had been at most a week since her last visit which was quite an extended period of time considering how often she normally vistits. She'd just been busy.

Hagrid sunk down into an arm chair by the fire place and carried over two mugs of hot tea. she had been visting Hagrid like this for two years now, ever since she had moved out of his hut when she was 13.

Lucie had come to live with Hagrid when she was 10 and he had taught her everything she knew about the different animals, which ones were friendly and which ones wouldnt flinch to kill her. which ones she could hunt and how to hunt. When he believed her to be ready, she convinced him to let her have her own place. The tree house and shes been living there ever since. Now 15, Lucie could look afterself, just fine and she liked looking after him to.

He was her father figure. Infact he was the only figure in her life. She remembered other people from before coming to live here but they were either dead or had disappeared from her life. Lucie suddenly blocked that thought with a brick wall as a shudder went through her body.

"Fine, just fine, Hagrid. And yourself?" she said, but she was actually far from it because of the thoughts she had just had.it was the first time she had talked since her last visit, because wel... she had no one to talk to.

"Holdin' up okay. I got assigned Care of Magical Creature by the school," Lucie shot up from her chair, almost knocking over the teathat she'd set down on a table in front of her.

"Hagrid thats incredible, you've wanted that position for ages, that brilliant." she said, ecstatic for her friend, practically shouting that last part. She sat back down as she could sence that the story wasn't finished.

"Believe me, i'm as happy as you are but the thing is...." he paused " I've heard these kids are gits." he said. Lucie let out a chuckle.

"Well shit." she said jokingly. " I'm sure if anyone can sort out those morons it's you." She said reasurringly. Hagrid let out a laugh.

"You know... I've been thinking. its almost september, i've spoken to the headmaster, you can join the classes this year." He said. Lucie looked down and back at him again. he continued "I know that look but heres the thing. you can take the train to Hogwarts." Lucie opened her mouth in protest but he cut her off - " Before you say the the train is pointless because you are already on school grounds. Just think about it, you can meet new people and if you make friends. And if you dont like any people then maybe you can put it off for a bit longer but please consider it." He finished, clearly out of breath.

"If it means that much to you then... fine. fine. I'll endure being washed away in a sea of teens at a train station going to the place where i live." Lucie paused for dramatic effect. "You have perfect logic." she said sarcastically.

Hagrid gave her a smile and she felt one tugging at the corner of her mouth too, to be honest she partially dreaded the idea of school with an actual timetable because she had recieved her education from the books piled on her bedroom floor. It was simple, efficient and effective. but if Hagrid thought it was a good idea then she was going to give it a shot and if she didn't like it or couldn't get along with any of the gits then as he said, she wouldnt have to go to school. it was only a train ride. What could go wrong?

========================================================================

hello, thank you for reading. i hope you guys liked it. what could go wrong on a train? honestly... so much.