The Treehouse

Lucie bolted upright, gasping for breath as sweat gathered on her brow.

'Damn it!' she thought, turning to her nightstand, in a swift motion. Bare feet making contact with the wooden floor. Lucie picked up her note book, bound in worn leather, and ticked off August 27th. To clarify to her future self that it was a reoccuring incident... Waking up with a panicked feeling sinking in her chest, to much weight remaining on her shoulders.

However, it was something she would have to endure, as she has no solution to her problem that had started mid July.

Picking herself up from the small bed in the corner of the room. Her room. Lucie shuffled over to the dresser pressed bellow her window, looking out over the forest floor below.  The tree hoouse that she inhabited was constructed by her own fingers which is probably it felt all the more homely. Small but cozy. Claustriphobic, but practical. 

The bed was decorated with a single blanket and pillow and the dresser stored what clothes she did own, which wasnt many. A few shirts of black, dark brown and the occasional green shirt. A few pairs of trousers she alternated between and by the hatch, leading down the tree,was her beloved pair of boot, warn in just perfectly. A wooden stool acted as a nightstand that held her note book and on the floor, lining the room were piles of books. some fiction and some nonfiction. some sketchbooks filled to the brim with the outside world, creatures and plants alike.

After dressing herself, Lucie slipped down the rope, leading from the tree house to the woodland floor, jumping the last couple of meters.  She had positioned her dagger to the side of her hip, attached to her belt. Making sure it was on the side because once it was on the front and the tip went shalowly into her thigh. That was not a fun day.

Shugging off the memory, she turned to peer at her home. It perched in the braches of an oak tree, hardly visible unless you knew the exact spot of its location. Lucie fell into a light jog as she headed toward the grounds of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. She had never planned on attending but she had to admit... It looked really badass in the rising sunlight that was spilling throught the trees. Chuckling to herself at her comentry.

Lucie lifted her arm and knocked twice on the door that stood infront of her. A few seconds later, the heavy door swung open and there stood the large happy figure of Hagrid. His face still looked half asleep so Lucie did what she thought was best. tackled into a hug which only made him laugh.

====================================================

hi my name is Jess and this is my first time writing on here.  i have an idea for a story line and if you dont like it,,, thats okay. no harm done. i hope you liked the first chapter as much as i liked writing it. thank you.