A Wedding

SEASON 6 Ep: 8
A WEDDING

Santana and Brittany had gathered all the girls at a dress store so that the couple could have their final wedding dress fittings.

"Listen up bitches, here's the game plan." Santana said, grinning excitedly. "Britt and I do not want to see each other in our dresses until the wedding. So we're gonna come out one at a time to show you our selections." She explained.

The girls nodded, as Santana and Brittany made their way to the dressing rooms. Brittany made sure to point out one important rule. "Oh, and no peeking Santana, I don't want nine thousand years of bad luck."

"Let the fashion show begin!"

After a mini fashion show with a wide variety of dresses, and no such hope, Brittany came out looking like a princess.

"Britt..." Haley smiled. "You look amazing, just like a princess."

"It's so perfect,  you can dance in it." Rachel nodded.

"I think is the one you guys." Brittany whispered.

"It's so beautiful." Mercedes agreed.

"I know right?" Brittany smiled, before her eyes widened at the sound of Santana's voice.

"Wow. Wow, Brittany, you look so beautiful." Santana complimented.

Brittany panicked, standing behind Haley, who was shorter than her. "Oh my god, what are you doing?"

"I was going crazy back there, but everyone's right, you look incredible." Santana smiled.

"No, no, no, no! You're not supposed to see the dress before the wedding! That's bad luck Santana, bad luck!" Brittany argued.

"Britt, hey deep breaths, calm down." Haley said, sending Santana a sympathetic smile.

"It's gonna be okay, Britt." Santana assured her hyperventilating fiance.

"Throw this salt over your shoulder." Tina said, handing Brittany a packet of salt. It didn't seem to help, so Mercedes began to shoo Santana back into the dressing room, as the other girls dealt with Brittany.
----
Being maid of honor for Brittany and Santana had its perks. That was Haley's opinion. She had helped them with the wedding dresses, and now she was helping out with the wedding planning, despite being tired because of her pregnancy.

"Hey, do you guys mind if I ritualistically slaughter this chicken?" Brittany asked, as the girls in the room all jumped away from her. "I want to counteract the bad luck of Santana seeing me in my wedding dress."

"Oh my god, you are not slaughtering that chicken in here!" Rachel squealed.

"No, take the chicken out." Santana instructed, opening the door as Brittany set the chicken down. "This is your lucky day, sir."

"Well, the chicken has free roam of McKinley now..." Haley muttered, as she swore she could hear kids screaming.

"Listen, if you want to distract your mind, why don't you use your math brain to help us figure out the seating chart?" Santana asked.

"Good idea." Brittany said, as she picked up the chairs. "Well, I think we should seat people based on the Dewey Decimal system. So, Kurt should sit next to Rachel because they're both a little annoying. No offence."

They all laughed, as Haley made sure to check up the list, as the tasks were finished.

"Wait, okay, hold up. No, me gusta." Santana said, picking up one chair. "Why is Sue on the list?"

"Well, she could sit with Becky? Because we know if you don't invite her, she's gonna make your wedding catastrophic." Haley shrugged.

"No, she is not invited to my wedding. She didn't show up for your's Hay." Santana said, making a point.

"Look, sue has been such a big part of our lives, right? We only met because she put us in the Cheerios." Brittany explained.

"All I have to say is if you invite the woman to the wedding, like Haley mentioned, there is an 80% chance of her ruining it."

"But if you don't, there's a 99% chance that she will." Rachel pointed out.

"Well, all I'm saying is no. Hell no. If she's there, then I'm not." Santana decided, walking out of the room.
-----
Haley sat in the room with Santana helping her get ready.

"Kind of crazy to think that the day you've been anticipating is finally here, huh?" Haley asked, as Santana smiled.

"Yeah, it's weird...But I feel so happy for once in my life. So content." She added.

"It's a wonderful feeling, knowing that you have found your person, and getting to settle down." Haley replied, helping Santana with her veil.

"It really is Haley. It really is." Santana nodded.

"I actually wanted to say a few kind words and I have a question." Haley began, as Santana encouraged her to go on. Haley smiled before she opened her little piece of paper.

"Well, I wanted to begin by saying, I'm so proud of you. You're my best friend. I've been so blessed with your incredibly loyal and devoted friendship, and for that I'm grateful. I've got to witness you grow up since I was 13 and you were 14, and you've matured and grown into a wonderful and strong young woman. Your sarcasm, wit, generosity, talent and intellect are unwavering and immaculate. I can't help but encourage you to be proud of how far you've come, and all the adversities and challenges you've overcome. I'm so happy for you, and I'm anticipating what life holds for you in the future. Thank you for sticking by my side through my lows and my highs, I don't know what the hell I'd be doing if our paths hadn't crossed. I frickin love and admire you. For now, I celebrate you on your wedding day, but I have one little question for you." Haley paused, as Santana smiled, and raised her eyebrow.

"Will you be the godmother of mine and Sam's child?" Haley asked, as Santana's face lit up, and happy tears began to fall.

"Yes, yes, absolutely." Santana laughed, bringing Haley into a hug.

"Awe amazing. Mine and Sam's baby is already so loved." Haley sighed.

"Yes. Thank you Hay, I love you too. I feel honored and blessed beyond measure. I'm so grateful for you too. Thank you for everything these past few years. I couldn't have done it without you." Santana said, as both girls giggled, with tears in their eyes.
-----
As the ceremony began, Haley took her place beside Tina, Quinn and Rachel, sending a smile to Sam, Mike and Puck who waited across from them. She frowned when she didn't see Blaine or Kurt.

As Mercedes and Artie began to sing At Last, Brittany came walking down the aisle first, her arm locked in Kurt's. He wore a black suit rather than a white one, he had on earlier.

Santana came up the aisle next, her arm locked in Blaine's.

"Oh my god...yes. They're getting married together." Haley gasped, quietly, smiling.
Burt was clearly just as shocked, and took a deep breath before he began. "Dearly beloved, I had the honor of officiating a wedding over a few months ago, so it's an honor to be officiating again. Uh, twice in my life, I've been lucky enough to meet the love of my life and both of those times, I've married that love. And I knew I was lucky to do that but I didn't know how lucky until I had to drive over the state border to come here to officiate the wedding of these two loving couples. And I thank you guys, Santana, Britt, Blaine, Kurt. I wanna thank you guys for being so brave and so honest, and standing up here and showing us that love and marriage is much easier than we thought it could be. Also so much simpler. Love and marriage is when two people say 'I love you' because I love you and I know that this is gonna be one heck of a ride but I don't want to do it unless I could do it with you."

As Burt finished his speech, Haley's eyes flickered over to Sam, her smile grew as he smiled back. They broke out of their moment when Burt called for the vows.

"Blaine." Kurt began, staring intently at Blaine, his eyes filled with love, as always. "I'm a man whose always lived in the shadows. And everyone else who's come into my life has either tried to pull me out into the sun or push me back into the darkness."

"I've been bullied, outed, misunderstood." Santana said, as her love for Brittany showed just as well.

"I honestly thought I'd never find true love." Blaine said.

"The world was so scary and confusing. It was just too fast and it made me feel dumb just because my brain worked differently." Brittany said, as her hands rubbed circles against Santana's.

"And then you came along and even if someone told me that it wasn't going to work out and that even at the end of all our struggling and all our work, it would just end in heartache." Kurt continued.

"I would've said yes." Blaine said.

"A thousand times yes." Santana smiled.

'I would've suffered it all, just for the tiny chance to be stood up here, marrying you."

"I'm a work in progress." The four of them chorused, smiling.

"You don't ask me to come out from the shadows. You help me move away from anything that's blocking the sun. It's time for all of us to walk out into the sunshine together, forever. Is that something you wanna do?" Kurt asked.

"I do." Blaine answered.

"I do." Brittany smiled.

"I do." Santana added.
"I do." Kurt finished, glancing at Burt.

"And now, by the power invested in me and the state of Indiana and underneath a God, who for sure, if he believes in love, fully endorses the loving marriage of those two loving couples, I now pronounce you wife and wife, and husband and husband. You may kiss one another." Burt said, a grin spreading across his face.

Everyone cheered and clapped as the couples shared their first official kisses as married couples. Haley smiled, so hard, it hurt, and she also felt tears streaming down her face. She didn't care, she was too happy.
-----
After Artie had performed Hey Ya! And the Trouble Tones had reunited to sing I'm So Excited with the mom's of the married couples, the speeches had begun. And it was Haley's turn. She smiled before standing up, cautiously with help from Sam and Mike, and walked to the centre.

"Hi, I'm Haley Evans, and I've known Santana and Brittany since I was 13 and they were almost 14. Even though I didn't join the Cheerios until sophomore year, the three of us formed a tight bond. The bond only continued to strengthen, when we joined the Glee Club. We felt accepted and loved. It was one big family, a dysfunctional yet functional and loving family, that endured bull crap together. In that room, we could be our true selves, and we weren't judged or mocked. The love might have taken a while, but despite the fights, we truly loved each other, some more than others, and still do to this present day. Santana and Brittany, Brittana if you want a ship name." Everyone laughed, as Haley paused before continuing. "I've loved watching your love for each other blossom. Seeing you girls figuring out your identities and what you wanted in life has been so beautiful, and inspiring. You girls constantly support each other, no matter the circumstance or consequence. You love each other and want to experience what life throws at you. We celebrate you tonight, and I wish you nothing but prosperity, joy, love and happiness in the years to come. I love you both, and I can't wait for you to be the godmother's of mine and Sam's baby." Haley finished, as everyone cheered loudly and clapped.

Some more heartfelt speeches were said, the married couples got up to sing Our Day Will Come.

Haley and Sam slowly danced together, as Haley sighed. "I love you so much." She said looking up at him.

"I love you too Hay, and I know our baby already loves you too." Sam smiled down at her, leaning in to give her a quick kiss.

"And our baby loves you already too." Haley assured him. "I'm desperately waiting for the gender reveal next week."

"I know, baby, me too." He smiled, as he pulled her closer into his arms, as the night continued. The celebration and dancing prolonged for hours after. The happiness and contentment radiated.
•••••
A favorite of mine. The next chapter is an extra...because Haley and Sam deserve a gender reveal party:) don't know whether it will be long or short.