Prom-asurus

Haley was in her bio class when she heard what sounded like a xylophone play through the speakers. She looked up from her textbook so she could listen.

"Good morning, McKinley High! First of all, to those of you thoughtful enough to leave maternity gifts outside my office, both I and my unborn child thank you for your lackluster Cracker Barrel and meat-and-cheese medleys, and I'm sure that my trash can will find them delicious. Now it's time to announce this year's Senior Prom Court nominees. Your choices for Prom King are...Rick The Stick Nelson, President Brittany S. Pierce. That's weird. And also, Finn Hudson. And now onto the category we all really care about: Prom Queen." Coach Sylvester said.

"Becky for Prom Queen 2012!" Yelled Becky.

"Miss Gunderson, Santana Lpez, and Quinn Fabray." Sue said.

Haley smiled, because she was happy for her two best friends. However, her happiness was ruined by Becky being upset.

"Becky, Becky, Becky! That's an antique!"

"I was robbed, Coach!"
----
"Okay! A big congrats to all our prom nominees! But, hey, listen up. We are all winners, because Principal Figgins asked New Directions to sing again this year! Come on!" Mr. Schue smiled.

"Fantastic." Puck spoke up sarcastically, as everyone clapped unenthusiastically.

"Alright. Brittany has an announcement."

"Hello, my fellow American. The theme for this year's prom will be..." Brittany paused, using her feet to cue a drum roll, before continuing. "Dinosaurs."

"What?" Haley gasped.

"Sheer genius." Santana commented.

"Thanks. I was inspired by the new girl Joe, who reminds me of a cavewoman. The refreshments will be berries, meat, and rainwater. As you are no doubt aware, the U.S. elections are riddled with corruption. Therefore, to keep the prom elections completely aboveboard, I have appointed Santana, and Quinn to count the ballots. Haley you too." Brittany said.
"What? That makes no sense!" Kurt pleaded.

"Shut it, Richard Simmons. Yes those are my homegirls, but I don't trust Quinn, and you know she doesn't trust me. However, I do trust Haley, the only person probably with intellect in our little group." Santana pointed out.

"We'll keep each other honest." Quinn spoke up.

"You know, it's actually not a bad idea." Mercedes agreed.

"And last but not least...All hair gel has been banned from the prom." Brittany announced.

Haley giggled, at Blaine's shocked expression.

"I'm actually not joking. Hair gel was not invented until almost 30 million years after the Upper Paleolithic Stone Age. And frankly, I don't like the way you look. Therefore, anyone who shows up to prom wearing hair gel will be turned away at the door. I hereby decree this to be the best prom ever."

"Okay. Let's start thinking of...Dinosaur songs." Mr. Schue announced.
----
After Mr. Schue had left, everyone waited in the room, per Rachel's request.

"So Kurt and Baline and I are throwing an anti-prom party." Rachel announced.

"What's an anti-prom party?" Mercedes asked.

"It's a party for those of us who maybe feel a little, you know, disenfranchised by the actual prom. And I got us a hotel room at Lima's best hotel, Red Rooster Express Suite, and everyone's invited."

"You're supporting this?" Quinn asked Finn.

"I'm support her. And I'll be there as soon as I'm done fulfilling my obligations."