Choke

This topic touches on some more sensitive topics

This topic touches on some more sensitive topics. Please proceed at your own comfort level and risk.
••••
"Honestly, this dress... thoughts?" Haley asked Santana, as they were shopping for prom dresses.

"You'd look like a radish, I don't mean to be blunt, but I kinda' do." Santana shrugged.

"What about this one?" Haley asked, pulling out a rose gold halter dress.

"You will look ravishing. Go try it on." Santana pushed her towards the changerooms

As Haley was trying it on, she received a call from an unknown number. She hesitantly picked up.

"Hello, this is Haley speaking." She said. She heard her dad's voice on the other side.

"Haley, I want you to come home right now." Her dad demanded.

She sighed, before speaking. "Sorry, was it not clear over a year ago? The emancipation papers have been finalized, so I'm no longer under you authority. I'm with people who actually care for me, and aren't abusive and ignorant. So leave me the hell alone."

"Listen here, you bitch." Haley began shaking when her dad called her that. "You are only 17, not 18. I don't remember any emancipation papers, even though we signed..We were forced to. You didn't have our full consent. But. I just want you to know. You are a horrible, rude, insensitive, arrogant, stupid and immature young lady. You don't deserve anything you have in your life. Your anxiety, depression and past eating disorder are sure to make a comeback. You really are a burden and a mess." He continued ranting for a minute after, before Haley hung up, blocking the number.

She left the change room, and put on an exaggerated fake smile, when she knew the week wasn't going to be the greatest. She approached Santana, after she paid.

"H-Hey Santana, ready to go?" She asked, her voice shaking.

"Yeah, but hold up. What's wrong, what happened?" Santana asked as she put her arm around Haley, as they walked.

"Nothing." Haley muttered, but Santana wasn't fooled.

"I have my Mexican third eye, and something's wrong. I know. Something must have happened in the change rooms. What happened?"

"Well...my dad somehow got a hold of my number...and he told me that my anxiety, depression and eating disorder were things I should be ashamed of...He called me stupid, insensitive, and all these terrible words. Thank god he wasn't here to actually physically hit or slap me." Haley rambled.

"Haley, I'm so sorry." Santana said, bringing her friend into a hug. Aware of the delicacy of the conversation, she began speaking quietly. "None of this is true. Your dad is an ass, and if he ever shows, I'll go all Lima Heights. For now, you have Sam, you have me, and the Glee club, Burt and Carol are like your parents. You aren't alone, and you are not a burden. I don't ever want to see you get hurt again." Santana pulled away before looking at her. "Hey, look at me. If you ever begin to start going through anxiety, depression or another eating disorder phase, you get help, or you can call me. You have people who will help you, a stable support system. You are so strong, Haley, and have overcome so much. I'm so grateful for you, and to be able to call you one of my best friends." Santana said. "I love you Haley Aldrin."