"does anyone have any questions?"

no answer.

the teacher grinned and slapped the table making the class fully pay attention. "good. now let's talk about your pair work."

"i will let you guys decide who to work on your project with."

‏‏‎ jiyeon knew where this was heading. she knew that the boy beside her will go ask her to be his partner, and she wasn't happy about it.‎

jungwon met eyes with the girl and was about to ask her until,

"you're going to ask me to be your partner aren't you?" she questioned.

"huh, glad you know."

"too bad, i don't want to." she stuck out her tongue and went to ask yena or heejin. unfortunately, they both cheered her on to work with jungwon instead.

jiyeon rolled her eyes and groaned. she knew they won't stop bothering her until she finally talks to a boy.

"looks like your friends already had planned on what to do for you." jungwon spoke. jiyeon gritted her teeth and tightened her grip on her pencil causing the led to break.

"fine, i'll be your partner. but don't you think i don't know what you're up to. yang. jungwon."

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

jiyeon dragged herself outside the classroom and slowly headed towards her locker.

"hey! kang jiyeon!" two voices yelled from behind. jiyeon turned around and was greeted by both yena and heejin.

"what do you guys want now?"

"nothing, just asking if you want to come with us to the internet café, we can do our study there." yena mentioned. jiyeon's eyes lit up and nodded right away. "that's great, i'll just get some stuff and let's get going."

the three girls walked on the sidewalk, on the way towards the decided study place for today. heejin and jiyeon were busy chatting along the way while yena had her attention on her phone.

kim sunoo:
so, what's the news? how'd it go earlier?

kim yena:
good. and i mean very good. 😌

kim sunoo:
oh? and how is that so? 👀

kim yena:
your friend managed to work with jiyeon for the science project. hm. he must be good at asking girls out.

kim sunoo:
that's weird.

kim yena:
huh? why so?

kim sunoo:
jungwon has never asked a girl out before. your jiyeon must be special then lmao.

kim yena:
trust me she's one of a kind. but also very weird.

"yena? why the hell are you smiling?" jiyeon questioned once she realized yena was no longer walking and was on her phone the entire time.‏‏‎ ‎

she quickly turned off her gadget and placed it inside her bag. "oh that? that's nothing hehe. we guys should walk faster so that we'll have more time." she changed the topic and ran to catch up on them.

"says the one who's making us slow." heejin playfully rolled her eyes.

2 hours has passed by. heejin was busy eating, yena was scanning her books and jiyeon again drew doodles on her notebook.

suddenly a thought came into her mind.

"hey yena, do you have jungwon's number?"

yena immediately looked up. "huh? what again?" jiyeon scoffed and showed the phone dial app on her screen. "i need jungwon's."

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

"hey jungwon!" sunoo yelled and ran towards the boy. jungwon looked at him and let out a small smile. "hi."

"so how'd it go today?"

"err..i don't know, she seems weird."

sunoo pouted at his answer and shuffled jungwon's hair. "weird? weird as in..?"

"i literally saw her doodling her notebook with a black marker. i don't even know what she's trying to draw." he spoke. "ah, that's just a habit of jiyeon. she still contains a lot of good qualities."

jungwon hummed a response and took out her phone.

✉️ new message from kang jiyeon.

kang jiyeon:
so when do you plan to do our science project?

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•