Chapter Thirty-Five

Ever since that day, Zaara started hanging out with Eren more. But, for now let's change the course to some other people.

A/N: teehee

~Time skip: a week later~

It was 7:00 in the morning on a Saturday, and Armin was bored as hell. Jean and Ellie were going on a date, and Eren doesn't wake up this early. Armin sighed and flopped onto his couch. He had already gotten ready and ate breakfast. He pulled out his phone and looked at Instagram. Everyone seemed like they had plans this weekend. He put his phone away and walked to his room and grabbed And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie. It was his favorite mystery novel. He closed his room door and flopped on his bed, beginning to read where he left off at. He was so caught up in the book he didn't notice it was now 9:00 a.m.

Knock knock knock

Armin turned to face his room door, where the sound came from. "Hey Armin, you awake?" It was Eren talking behind the door. Armin closed his book and folded the page he left off on to mark the location he last left off on. He placed the book back on his bookshelf and opened the door. "Eren, have you gotten ready yet?" Armin asked looking at Eren up and down. "What the heck is that supposed to mean?!" Eren crossed his arms.

"Well, I mean, look at your hair." Armin said pointing at Eren's messy bedhead. "I haven't brushed my beautiful brown locks yet!" Eren said as he walked back to the bathroom. Armin sighed and smiled. Eren was always there to cheer Armin up in his deepest and darkest days. The blue-eyed boy walked over to the couch and laid down on it. He took out his phone and started scrolling through TikTok. His TikTok for you page consisted of book reviews and art, and sometimes cooking.

Eren then popped up in front of him, his turquoise eyes beaming with brightness. "Well, is my hair nice now?" Eren said mocking Armin. Armin rolled his eyes and laughed. "Yeah, it looks way better now." Armin says in between laughing. Eren rolled his eyes and made his way towards the kitchen. He bended down and looked inside for something to eat. "Hey Eren, do you wanna hang out today?" Armin asked looking at Eren, who is rummaging through the fridge.

"Oh, Armin about that-" Eren said turning around and closing the fridge door. "I kind of already have plans with Zaara today, sorry." Eren said rubbing the nape of his neck feeling guilty. "Great, I have to spend the day alone, while my two best friends go hang out with their girlfriends." Armin huffed. "One, Zaara senpai is NOT my girlfriend, and two, maybe you don't have to spend it alone." Eren smirked. Armin didn't like this smirk. It was that cocky smirk he'd make when he was up to no good. "Oh no, what're you thinking-" Armin asked with a worried expression.

Eren laughed. "Buddy, we're in college. I think it's time you got a girl." Eren said as he walked over to Armin and put his arms over his shoulder. Armin slightly blushed at his comment. "Huh?! Wh-What do you mean? I don't need a g-girlfriend." Armin stuttered out. "What about that Erma girl? She's friends with Zaara and Elyssa. I'm sure they'll help out." Eren said still smirking. "It's Emma not Erma." Armin sighed out. "Don't get me wrong, she's cute and all but-" Armin was cut off. "YEAH, SHE'S CUTE. That's why you gotta get her man! Plus, she seems super nice." Eren says trying to convince Armin to at least try.

Armin sighed and said, "I've known her for a while, but I haven't really got the time to hang out with her." Armin looked at Eren and Eren removed his arm from Armin's shoulder. "Ok, I'll hang out with her, but as friends, since that's all I am with her right now. Is that good?" Armin asked as he put his arm out. "Good enough for me." Eren smiled and shook Armin's hand. Armin didn't mind hanging out with Emma. She was the one he talked to most in the trio. They talked a lot during interior design and lunch. Besides that, he's never hung out with her outside of school. Eren walked back to the kitchen and ate toast for breakfast.

Armin didn't want to admit to Eren, but he was quite excited to hang out with Emma. He grew quite fond of her over the few months they've known each other. They had the same taste in books/ manga, food, and TV shows. Armin pulled out his phone, while Eren ate his toast. Armin pressed the app labelled iMessages and scrolled through his messages until he finally found Emma's contact. He pressed her name and began to type:

Armin: Hey emma
Emma: hiiiiii
Armin: I was wondering if you're free today???
Emma: Yeah why?
Armin: wanna hang out?
Emma: sure that sounds fun
Emma: where and when?
Armin: um I'll come pick you up at 12 pm later today for lunch?
Emma: sure see you then! (read 9:13 a.m.)

Armin sighed and put his phone away.

~Meanwhile with Emma~

"yesyesyesyesyesyesyesyes!" Emma said until she was out of breathe. "What happened?" Zaara asked turning to face Emma from the couch. "Armin asked if I wanted to hang out with him!" Emma squealed out. "Well, we know how that's going to turn out. Look at what happened to Ellie." Zaara laughed. "Oh shush. Anyway, he said he was going to pick me up for lunch at 12." Emma said sitting up on the couch.

"Aw, you won't be able to eat my special ham sandwiches." Zaara said pouting. "I'll have some when I get back." Emma said reassuring her. "Also, when does Ellie get ba-" As soon as those words came out of Emma's mouth, Ellie comes rushing through the door. "OMG YOU'RE GOING ON A LUNCH DATE WITH ARMIN!" Ellie squealed as she took off her shoes and ran towards Emma and Zaara. "How-?" Emma was cut off. "Zaara." Ellie pointed to Zaara as she shrug her shoulders and smirked. "Of course, it's always Zaara." Emma sighs out. "What's the supposed to mean?!" Zaara huffed, as she crossed her arms and pouted.