CHAPTER TWO: "people throw rocks at things that shine"

Start from the beginning

"The Kims, young master. Today's the day you are visiting them in their chateaú." With that, finally, Jeongguk has now a reason to stand up and prepare for the day. The sudden mention of the last name made him feel excited. He's once again meeting Kim Taehyung, the most intimidating man he'd met. Nobody possesses the type of aura that Taehyung has, and that is a fact.

"Young Maste-" The butler was cut when Jeongguk finally opened the door of his room, revealing the now-dressed boy with his hair pushed a little in the sides and smelling like sweet candy.

"How do I look?" Jeongguk asked him and then he made turns to show him his whole outfit. "Do I look alright for a visitor?" he asked.

"I am sorry to say this young master, but you looked like you are going to attend a business meeting," said the butler, and Jeongguk crossed his arms, his eyebrows almost meeting.

"Aren't we attending a business meeting?"

"I think you overdressed a little. You're just going to visit them for a lunch and what else. You should get changed to casual clothes," The butler had pushed him back to his room and Jeongguk just let himself get in. "They'll just gonna talk about business, I am very sure of that. Older men love business talks!" he shouted but the doors finally had shut. The butler's still outside, waiting for Jeongguk to finish.

He then decided to just wear a cotton poplin shirt partnered with a check wool jacket. He just wore regular fit washed jeans with boots. I hope the butler will like that for him because he tired himself already by changing his clothes.

He finally went out to present himself to his butler. He didn't say anything though and he just let go of Jeongguk so he would be with his father already. He was waiting for an hour now that's why he's a little mad at him. He didn't even have breakfast.

They went inside their car, and finally, the driver escaped the Jeons' grounds. Jeongguk was just staring outside the window, looking at the houses, trees, and other vehicles they were passing by. He is seated beside his father but they aren't even sharing a glance at each other or speaking.

Until his father decided to break the silence because they still have a long way to go. "Good thing you are coming with me. I thought you weren't because you've done the preparations a bit long. I didn't mind though. You can hang out a lot with Taehyung if you want to. Be friends with him. Creating bonds will also create extensions in our business," his father talked. It took him a little time to digest his father's words.

"Alright. But I just wanted to tell you that I am not doing this for the sake of our business, but for myself. I wanted to have someone, for once," Jeongguk replied. Mr. Jeon turned his face to the side with a smirk, thinking how ridiculous his son sounded. The deafening silence once again invaded the moving vehicle as they decided to cut their conversation short.

A few more kilometers, and finally, they've reached the Kims' ground. On their way to the exact chateaú, they saw fields of grapes, probably owned by them because they also offer wine on their market. The car stopped right in front of Kim's mansion, besides the fountain. Mr. Jeon went out and Jeongguk followed him.

A group of women welcomed them with bows as Mr. Kim approached them. He wasn't with Taehyung, the first thing that Jeongguk noticed. Another woman came towards them and then Mr. Kim introduced her to them. "I would like you all to meet my wife, Celeste." Mrs. Kim offered handshakes to both Mr. Jeon and Jeongguk.