CHAPTER TWO: "people throw rocks at things that shine"

En başından başla

18th of March 1978
Jeons' Mansion

He already heard the knocks on his door but he didn't mind them. It has been two boring weeks since they received the invitation from the Kims. Today's Saturday and everyone in their mansion is now busy doing their respective tasks and workloads. Today's the first day of the weekends, meaning he doesn't have classes. And here is young master Jeon Jeongguk, still being swallowed by the bed and buried under the pillows and sheets.

"Young master," The butler called for him. He still doesn't have the strength to answer and stand up. Until the butler called him by his whole name, sounding annoyed for knocking on the door for a couple of hundred times already, and Jeongguk's other eye went wide.

"Yeah, I've been awake for hours now! Go away, I'm doing some..." Sleep. He didn't have the chance to finish his sentence because he still feels sleepy. It is because he's up for hours after midnight. Thoughts are going around his head. Half percent was all about the story he was writing, and the other half was all about Kim Taehyung.

And why is he thinking of Taehyung in the middle of the night? It was because of this letter he received from him.

━━━

March 17, 1978
The Kims' chateaú

Jeon Jeongguk,

I don't even know why I am writing this letter. Haha. It has been days since we've first met, and I don't even know why I wanted to see you once again. And, oh! By the way, your father gave my father his information card that contains your address that's why I knew where I would send this if you are wondering. It was my first time writing a letter to a friend and I don't even know what to say. I've never done this to anyone, not at all. Haha.

Anyways, are you feeling alright these days? I hope you are because I am doing great. I didn't know listening to some music whilst painting was fun to do. My father put this phonograph thing in my room (that at first I thought was trash because I don't know how to use it) until he taught me how to play with the thing. He had a lot of pieces of vinyl with great tracks to listen to. I hope I could listen to them with you. Don't you think that will be great?

Wow, I just noticed that I wrote three sentences that started with 'I don't even know...' in the same paragraph. Haha. Why am I laughing at myself in the middle of the night? What am I thinking? Is it okay though to write 'Haha' in this letter even though I didn't laugh on paper but I laughed literally? Ah! What am I writing?

Have a great day always, Jeongguk. Always put a smile on your face because that suits you better. And I'll see you, I heard you're coming here with your father. I hope we can have alone time too, so perhaps, I might invite you to come with me for a dinner the other time?

I don't wanna write more, haha. This got longer than I expected. But I'll see 'ya!

Yours truly,
Kim Taehyung

━━

"Young Master, your father is asking for you. Aren't you finished with what you are doing yet? They are expecting you will be arriving soon. Stand up if you're still in the bed, young master Jeongguk," he said that made Jeongguk lift his head.

"W-What do you mean they are expecting us to arrive s-soon?" he replied, his voice a little raspy by the fact that he just woke up. He was looking for his glasses-that he placed on his side table before he finally felt sleepy last night-without using his eyes. He was using his hand while his face was still on the pillow.