24

Youngjin's POV

Before I left the house, I was reprimanded by my parents. They confiscated my phone so i'm not even allowed to contact Younghoon.

To make things worse, my dad would be picking Jaehyun and I up before and after school.

" Oh! Hello uncle! " Soyeon greeted when she saw my dad as he wind down his window.

Soyeon got into the car since my dad requested to send her to school too. " Soyeon, please do me a favour and make sure Youngjin doesn't have a boyfriend. " She eyed me.

" O-Oh! " She said.

The journey to school was so awkward. No one was talking and I bet Soyeon regret getting into this car because she looked so uncomfortable.

Can't blame her though.

When we finally reached the school, I got off without saying goodbye and stormed into school. " Youngjin! " I heard a familiar voice.

I turned to see Younghoon and instantly, tears rolled down my eyes. He was startled by my sudden burst of tears, he dragged me to the rooftop and let me release my emotions there.

I told him what happened yesterday and he doesn't know what to do as well. " Your parent's main concern is your studies? " I nod.

" Probably my maturity level too. " I said.

Younghoon stood up, " For grades, I'm able to help you but in terms of maturity level, you'd have to find ways to prove yourself to them. "

I furrowed my brows, " Like what? "

" Your actions. For example helping out around the house or even doing things for them. " I nod.

He pulled me into a hug as he gently stroked my hair, " Don't worry, I won't let you go. " He said in the most gentle tone.

" Here. " He pulled away from the hug and got me chocolate bars.

" If I remembered correctly, your period is here so here's some chocolates. I also got you a bottle of red dates drink. " He took a bottle out of his bag and passed it to me.

I pouted, " No more crying. You look ugly when you cry. " He ruffled my hair gently and I sniffed.

We were about to leave the rooftop when he pulled me towards him again. " Please give me signals if you want to pull my arm. It's going to break soon. " I said and he chuckled.

He looked down at me, " You look so pretty when you're not crying. " I looked up at him with a smile and he gave me a peck on my forehead.

" Oily. " He wiped his lips with the back of his hand as he teased me. I chased after him even after we're out of the rooftop.

I was running when I was stopped by Mr Park.

He pulled me to a corner and talked to me about what I've already expected to hear. " I'm not really sure what happened but your dad called to ask if you're doing okay in school. "

" Is everything okay? " I nod.

He nod, " That's good. Also, I heard your results have been improving slightly. Don't give up! " He cheered me on and I smiled, cheering for him to not resign.

" This school is ama- " I eyed him.

He let out a sigh, " Okay fine, I wanted to resign but after the camp, I'm rethinking my choices again. "

I raised my brows, " What about Ms Lee? "

" What about her? " I asked, teasing him.

He shook his head, " For your information, Ms Lee is engaged and no i'm not her fiancé. " I did the oops face and we bid goodbye.

I was walking back to class when Younghoon came over to me. " Why did Mr Park asked to see you? " He asked.

I let out a sigh, " My dad. "

A smile formed on my face, " But, Mr Park told me my results are improving slightly! " I squealed and he smiled.

" I'm very proud of you. " He pinched my cheek.

I smacked his hand, " These days I've been noticing that my cheeks got chubbier. It's probably because of your pinching. " I frowned.

" But you're cute this way. " He was about to pinch me again but I pushed his hand away before he even get the chance to get anywhere near my face.

We went back to class and throughout the lessons, I was being a studious student who's listening in class or at least trying to.

After the last bell rang, I was about to walk out of the classroom when Jieun called out to me. " I heard about what happened. If you need anything, you can always ask for my help! " I nod with a smile.

" Oh, can you please get rid of Jaehyun? Thanks. " I smiled and she chuckled slightly.

" Bye! " I waved to her and Soyeon, who's waiting for Wooseok to come over.

I walked alongside Younghoon, " I have to walk out first before my dad suspect anything. " He nod.

" Message Jaehyun if you need to find me! " He nod with a smile as we bid goodbye.

I walked to my dad's car. The first question he asked me wasn't how's my day or how am I feeling. Instead, he asked me, " Did you break up with the guy? "

I let out a sigh, " Are we still on this topic? " I asked, sounding really done with this.

He turned his body to face me, " Lee Youngjin, what's with that attitude of yours? " He raised his voice.

That's when I decide to lie to him.

I bit my lips, " I broke up. Happy now? " He pursed his lips before facing the front again.

Jaehyun opened the door and got into the car.

The atmosphere was awkward as usual.

When we got home, I went up to my room and just studied. I have to prove to everyone that dating doesn't mean that my grades will be affected in a bad way.

I'm pretty sure without Younghoon's help, I would've been in an even worse place academically.

Jaehyun came into my room, " I heard you broke up with Younghoon. " He closed the door behind him and I stopped writing.

I turned to face him, with my arm placed on the top of the chair.

" Do you think I will break up with Younghoon? "

18 Jan 2021

to be frank HAHA THIS STORY IN MY OPINION IS GOING DOWNHILL (;'༎ຶД༎ຶ')