6

Youngjin's POV

When we got home, we realised we forgot to tell our mom that we ate outside and we wouldn't be eating dinner. I looked at Jaehyun, " Mom, Youngjin ate outside! "

My eyes widened, " I ate with Jaehyun!" I screamed even louder.

My mom smiled while holding onto her cooking spatula, the wooden one but the way. " And you didn't tell me in advance? " She forced a smile as she walked towards us.

" W-We forgot! " I said and the both of us started running around the house.

" You forgot? Can I say I forgot to make dinner and not tell you guys and let you guys starve? " When our mom takes her wooden spatula out, you know we're dead.

Sangyeon came home, " Mom! I'm h- " His eyes widened. Jaehyun and I hid behind Sangyeon for shelter.

" Come out here! The two of you! " She screamed.

" What happened? " Sangyeon asked.

Jaehyun spoke, " W-We may have forgotten to tell mom that we ate out. " Sangyeon chuckled awkwardly. Knowing him for so many years, I can proudly say the three of us are doomed.

My mom forced an even wider smile, " What's with that laughter? Lee Sangyeon! You ate outside too right? " So now it's literally us running around the house.

If I were to use a fairytale to depict our family story, it'd be 'The 3 Little Pigs' and clearly, my mom is the wolf.

In the end, the 3 of us got beaten up with a wooden spatula. Okay, beaten up is an exaggeration. It's more of a smack.

" Mom we're sorry! " We said in unison.

Just then, the door opened. " Honey, I'm home! " We're now praying that our dad hasn't eaten yet. He gulped when he saw us looking like we are about to die.

" Honey, have you eaten? " We stared at him, pleading almost.

He coughed, " Not yet. " We let out a sigh of relief.

" I bet you're hungry. I've prepared a whole pot of rice for 5 people. " She smiled. Seeing my dad's expression, I can say that my dad ate outside already.

However, we've been bad kids since young so we ran up to our room and just stayed there the entire night. About my dad, no one knows what happened.

The next morning, as usual Sangyeon send us to school. I went to class and I saw Soyeon sitting there smiling while staring at her phone.

The life of the in love.

" How's it progressing? " I teased her.

She smiled, " We're going out tomorrow since it's the weekends! " She grinned. Wow, they sure are progressing fast.

I laid my head on my desk. " Guys! Did you hear? We have another new student! This time, it's a girl! " All the guys cheered.

Just then, Younghoon walked in and he glared at me as he walked back to his seat.

" Kim Younghoon! A new student is coming and it's a girl! " He looked over at them and gave them a nod.

Probably the only unenthusiastic guy in our class because he already got a girlfriend. " Do you think Younghoon- " Just then, Mr Park came in again.

It felt like the entire scene replayed again.

A really, really pretty girl came in. " Our class is blessed! Thank you god! " Someone screamed and everyone burst into laughter.

" Introduce yourself. " Mr Park said and she smiled. She walked to the center.

" Hi! My name is Park Jieun! Nice to meet you guys! " She grinned. I'm not even kidding but she's gorgeous, like drop-dead gorgeous!

To paint a picture for you guys, she resembles Yujin from CLC.

Her eyes twinkled, her face shape is literally an egg. I swear, she's blessed. " The only seat we have left is the one beside Younghoon. Younghoon can you raise your hand? " I turned to face him.

He stared at me before looking away. The class stared at him awkwardly as he chose not to raise his hand. " Hey, Mr Park asked you to raise your hand. "

" And? " He replied.

I was surprised at how cold he became, " And you should raise your hand. " He scoffed.

I guess the part that hurts me the most is when he said, " Just mind your own business, Lee Youngjin. " I let out a sigh as I turned back to the front.

" It's the seat behind Han Soyeon. Soyeon raise your hand please. " Soyeon raised her hand, smiling widely to Jieun.

Jieun walked over and sat beside Younghoon. " Hi! I'm Jieun. " I heard her say but there isn't a single word coming from Younghoon.

" Okay please pass the name list around. " Mr Park said. When Soyeon is done signing, she passed it on to me. When i'm done, I passed it to Jieun.

I could feel Younghoon staring at me but he told me to mind my own business so I shall do exactly that.

Younghoon's POV

" Here you go! " Jieun said as she passed the name list to me. I signed it and I took it to the front, passing it to Mr Park.

When I got back to my seat, I heard guys whispering that they envy the fact that I got to sit beside Jieun. Honestly, I wouldn't mind exchanging seats with them it's getting annoying.

I sat back down. " Oh! I got an extra candy, do you want it? " Jieun offered me.

" I'm not a sweet-tooth. " I replied.

She smiled, " Can you bring me around the school later since i'm new? " I ignored her. She kept bugging me over and over again.

" Can you leave me alone? " That was when Youngjin slammed the desk. She stood up and turned to face me. 

" Kim Younghoon, we need to talk. " With that, she silenced the entire class and she walked out of the class.

While everyone is staring at my direction, I stood up and walked out right after Youngjin. We ended up at the rooftop, I guess because it's quiet.

I crossed my arms, " What do you want to talk about? I don't think we have anything to say. " I said. I could feel my heart beating against my chest.

" What's wrong with you? " She turned to face me.

" Kim Younghoon, I thought we're friends. " I scoffed. The whole time i'm really giving myself hope, we're really only friends. Nothing more.

She took a deep breath, " I don't know what's going on with you. You can be mean to me, but what the hell did Jieun do to you? She's new and- "

" She's annoying. " I replied.

She scoffed, " She's a freaking new student. She will have so many questions to ask you because the school is so foreign to her. "

I sneered, " So what do you want me to do? "

" Be nicer to her. " She replied.

I forced a smile as I suppressed my anger. If that's what she wants, then I will do it.

" Fine. I'll be nicer to her. Happy now? "

26 Dec 2020

okay wtf hhaha i just watched ep 5 of true beauty and it's a similar flow to this fanfic but I would like to say that I didn't know HAHAHHA okay that's all thanks bye!

but thank y'all for reading! honestly really thankful that you guys have read till this point <3 stay safe, happy and healthy!