5

Youngjin's POV

I knocked on Younghoon's desk, " Hey, I heard the basketball team is accepting players now. You can try it out. " He stared at me coldly.

" Okay. " I replied myself before turning back.

After coming back from the washroom, the dude behind me became all cold again.

I turned to face him again, " Is the weather cold? " He furrowed his brows.

" Because sir, your personality is so cold now. " He just blinked a few times before diverting his attention back to his phone.

I fake coughed a few times. I turned back to the front, I guess guys do go through emotional moments too so I shall let him be.

Throughout the school hours, he didn't talk to me at all. When the last bell of the day rang, I was going to cheer him up but he walked off almost immediately.

I stared at his figure as it exited the class.

I tapped Soyeon, " Is it just me or is Kim Younghoon acting really weird today? " She furrowed her brows.

" I think he's always weird though. " I chuckled. I mean, I agree with her that he's always weird but it's just he seemed colder today.

I shook that thought off of mind.

It might be just me.

Younghoon's POV

I walked out of the class and went to the basketball hall. " Oh, we haven't start the audition yet. " Someone wearing the basketball jersey said.

I turned to face him, " What time? " He seemed rather stiff as he talked to me.

" 3:30PM. " I looked over at my phone.

It's currently 3:22PM. I thanked him slightly as I walked over to the bench outside the hall and just sat there.

Gradually, more people started coming in.

" Hey man. You're the new guy right? " Some random dude came up to me and punched me in the arm. I furrowed my brows.

Why does people in this school always act as if we know each other for 10 years?

I guess he felt slightly awkward, " Nice meeting you. I'm Sunwoo. " He stretched his hand out and I just stared at his hand.

" No hi? Okay. " He kept his hand back again.

" You should change into your sports attire. Everyone changed already. " He continued blabbering on and it just gets really annoying.

Then the door opened. Everyone rushed in but I kept my cool and I walked in.

Everyone is indeed dressed in sports attire except me. I wore the usual formal uniform. Honestly speaking, your skills isn't determined by your attire. I mean it does affect but not much if you're good.

I've been playing basketball since i'm really young. I used to wear uniforms to play basketball too so it's not much for me.

They split us up into various teams. Coincidentally, Sunwoo and I are in the same team. " Hey! Nice seeing you again, big guy! " I stared at him before looking away.

Seeing the other teams play, honestly i'm slightly nervous but I would always remember what my previous coach tell me.

'Always keep your cool '

" Team 5 vs Team 3. " I'm in team 5. I stood up and walked towards the court. People are cheering. I overheard people talking about me, they called me the egoistic uniform guy. It could've been worse so i'm not complaining.

Some other players stood in the middle and managed to start off the game by snatching the ball. He threw it to me and I dribbled, before passing it to Sunwoo.

Basically, the game went on for a good 20 minutes. All I can say is that this game is probably the longest as compared to the other teams.

At the end, our team won.

Sunwoo walked over to me and punched my arm again. " Wow, you're really good! " I smirked as I walked over to the side.

After a few rounds of the so-called audition, it's finally the final round. We are paired in pairs and coincidentally, i'm paired up with Sunwoo again.

Thankfully, he's a good basketball player and we managed to secure a spot in the team.

The captain walked over to me and patted my shoulder, " You've really impressed me. You're the only one in uniform but yet you played the best. Good job and welcome to our team. " I smiled slightly.

I was about to leave the hall when Sunwoo called out to me. " Hey, let's leave together. " I looked over at him and I walked off.

" Oh! Kim Younghoon I- " I walked passed Soyeon and Youngjin. I don't know what she was about to say but I don't think there's a need for us to talk.

She clearly said she knows what i'm feeling but she has a boyfriend.

Youngjin's POV

" Don't worry about it! It's just Kim Younghoon in his own world. " Soyeon tried comforting me but I felt as though I did something wrong.

Was it my joke about his chocolates?

I walked over to Jaehyun's class, " Jaehyun, why can't you just go on a date with me once! " A girl whined and I sniffled a laugh.

" I'm not interested. As easy as it is. " He stood up and walked off. He spotted me and his face immediately darkened.

I scoffed, " Do you have a problem with me? "

He nod, " Very much so. "

Should I feel offended?

" Hi Wooseok! Hi Jaehyun! " A group of girls said as they walked passed us. I looked over at Soyeon who was glaring into their souls.

I decide to make things less awkward, " So we're all going to eat now right? " all of them nodded and I nod, before turning back towards the front again.

" What are you guys craving for? " I asked.

" I'm fine with anything. " Jaehyun said, Wooseok agreed with Jaehyun too. Clearly, Soyeon is so in love with Wooseok that she agreed with whatever Wooseok wants.

I thought for a bit, " How about fried chicken? " Jaehyun's eyes lit up. I'm only being so nice to him because he bought me drink today.

We walked over to the fried chicken store near our school. Haven't tried it before but it should be good, I mean the reputation and reviews are good.

When we got in, I sat beside Soyeon while she sat opposite Wooseok. We ordered some chicken and we waited in silence.

" I thought the both of you are close. " I wriggled my brows at Soyeon and Wooseok.

" We are but it's awkward to talk here. Like right here right now. " Wooseok said as he looked over at Soyeon awkwardly.

Soyeon smiled, " How about we share something about ourselves? " We all agreed. It would be a good ice breaker game.

" I'll start first then! I hate cucumbers! " Soyeon said and Wooseok's eyes lit up.

" You hate cucumbers too? " They both clicked really well after that question. Initially I wanted them to talk more about it's so quiet but now I want them to shut up.

I looked over at Jaehyun who was looking down at his phone while smiling to himself. Guess he got himself someone that he's interested in.

Sucks to be the only single one.

26 Dec 2020

hi y'all i wrote a new story about bullying, it's a short 4 chapters story. It's called Solitude!

okay anyways please tell me what y'all want to see in the upcoming chapters thank y'all!